Discrimination due to illness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abigail1022

I was an on site resident manager for the last 7.5 years, I recently suffered kidney failure, I told my employer about it and the prognosis and showed her medical records, because she asked me why I smelled, I told her I had Uremia a conditon related to the kidney failure, I also explained that I would likey need dailysis eventually, and the medical document said I would be permanetly disabled.

After this everyhting changed, I still did my job but could not please my boss.

2 months after telling of my cond I was abrubtly fired, the reasons were absurd and can hardly be substantiated.

I sincerely believe I was terminated because my employer feard the worst, she told me her Father died of Kidney disease.

Durring the 7 years plus I got increased bonuses and had no complaints from anyone.

I had just signed a new contract with same employer 4 months before firing due to a change in management co.

I was verbaly told "You have a job as long as we have these buildings" a month prior to signing new "AT will" contract.

Turns out my employer did not concider me an employee and didnt pay any payroll taxes or WC or UI.

How vulnerable is my employer?

Last edited:
There's no possible way for us to assess it. You are free to report it to the EEOC and see what they say.

You could have put all three of your posts in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back