Discrimination Case

M

MWEB

Jurisdiction
New York
Hello,
My attorney recently filed a separation agreement between my employer and myself. Their attorney contacted me directly (knowing that I have council) and told me to not come to the office on Monday. My attorney wrote me to go to the office but to only answer questions with "my attorney has asked me to only discuss this with him"
He then called me and told me that he had negotiated a package and to not return to work. He said that they was a verbal agreement made between he and outside company law firm. He said that I should not return to work or call my employer. He also stated that it would be a few days before we have documents to sign. I am afraid that I have not resigned. He said that my last day was yesterday.
Is this right?

You are already working with an attorney. He knows more about what's going on than we do. If you are unclear you should direct your questions to your attorney.

I have no idea whether it's right or not. I am not privy to the terms of the agreement your attorney has negotiated.

The smart play is contact your attorney and advise her/him of the recent news barring you from the property.

Agree with the others. Any time you have a lawyer, you should direct all questions to him/her.

Back