Disability

Vsilva916

Jurisdiction
California
Hello, I have severe to profound hearing loss. Growing up, I had medi-cal insurance which would cover expenses for hearing aids, ear wax removal, and infections in my ear.

A year ago I turned 21 and now they no longer cover me. I don't have hearing aids and recently got an ear infection. These are expenses I can't cover. I recently got an associates and planning to get a Bacholers. But, it is very difficult doing so without my hearing aids. Is the state or state of San Diego required to give me insurance for my hearing loss?

San Diego is not a state. We would have no way of knowing if you qualify for any medical assistance programs or what insurance might be available to you. If you are currently in school, check with student services to see what might be available to you there.

San Diego is not a state. We would have no way of knowing if you qualify for any medical assistance programs or what insurance might be available to you. If you are currently in school, check with student services to see what might be available to you there.

I meant city of San Diego. Thanks for pointing out.

The insurance I had was medical, which requires SSI but I stop recieving SSI at the age of 18 because I can communicate orally. But now I can't even hold a conversation for not being able to hear the other person. It takes gestures and yelling for me to hear the other person.

SSDI is still a possibility but it is not clear if you applied. Your SSI would have ceased when you hit 18 unless you then met the definition of disabled for an adult. It is unclear if you applied and were denied or if you just never took that step. If you were in school, your SSI should have continued to age 22, but again, it is unclear what you did when informed your benefits were cut off and when you were in school.

Understanding Supplemental Security Income (SSI)-- SSI for Children

My husband wears hearing aids and he gets assistance from the Texas Department of Rehabilitative Services. Do some googling or phone calling to State offices and see if California has something similar.

I meant city of San Diego. Thanks for pointing out.

The insurance I had was medical, which requires SSI but I stop recieving SSI at the age of 18 because I can communicate orally. But now I can't even hold a conversation for not being able to hear the other person. It takes gestures and yelling for me to hear the other person.

Most people, as in the VAST majority of people obtain legal employment, as in a JOB.

Once the person secures a legal job, said person eventually obtains insurance by paying for it.

The gifts are about to end in this country, not because people don't care, but because this nation has all but been bankrupted by people that wish GIFTS, and refuse to work!!!

Back