disability pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

gib_wollef

I was recently diagnosed with delayed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder by the Veterens Administration for which I was awarded a disability rating of 60%. I was also determined to be no longer employable and have deemed unfit to return to my employment because of my disability. According to the benefits booklet of the company that I worked for, I'm unable to retire on disability because my disability is service connected and I'm collecting a very small disability pension from the government. Less than $1000 per month. Therefore I am being forced to retire at age 57 with a loss of 18% of my retirement as a penalty for early retirement.
I am wondering if it is legal for a company to withhold disability benefits because I'm collecting a disability pension from the Veterans Adm. I'm a Disabled American now with limited resources and could use some help or resources where I could find an answer to my problem. I'm wondering if this act by my former employer is legal or are they bound by some Federal Regulation because I'm a disabled Veteran to pay me disability benefits?

Thank You
Gib Wollef

Last edited:
There is no Federal regulation requiring any employer to give any employee, regardless of their background, disability benefits. Not even disabled vets.

What state are you in?

There are only five states where disability benefits are mandatory and Wisconsin is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back