Different amount!!

TruckDriver.

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I drive for a guy in my home town who is a independent contractor. I've been working with him for a year and a half. When I started there was a verbal agreement on the pay. A percentage of what the loads pay after fuel is deducted. The only way I know what the load pays is through a text from him. Ex. ( San Diego California to Las Vegas Nevada $1300) There has been 2 times I've seen the invoice of the load I was picking up with a different amount of the rate (pay). I only keep one invoice (the second one) so if it happens again to bring it to his attention. I know for a fact that some loads are through a broker because I will have to call sometime to get information from them. The brokers always tell me they can't discuss the pay of the load to the driver only the owner. I also know that he has to keep his records of income for tax and DOT purposes. I would like to know could I Sue him and/or the company for withholding information?

Thanks in advance,

Truck Driver

If you don't trust the person you work for, stop working for him.
The great thing about capitalism is that there is competition for the consumer and the employee/contractor.

Of course, you remain FREE to sue anyone you choose to sue.
That is the right of every adult within the sovereign borders of the USA.
If you were an employee, you MIGHT be able to take your concerns to your state's wage/wage commission.
You are, however, a contractor.
Your remedy could be sought in a small claims court.
That is neither swift, not altogether satisfying.
Yet, you could choose that option, but MUST prove your allegations.
Therein lies the problem, because you say you aren't sure.

Heck, you could even compete against a cheater.
The legal system is the last place the average Joe and Judy want to take their fight against Big Bob and Big Bertha.
It takes too long, costs too much, and Big Bertha and Big Bob can afford to fight, Average John and Jill can't.

Last edited:
Back