difference between grantor and grantee on the form

camilla20999

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hello, I need help with the clarification between grantor and grantee and how they put in the quit claim deed under certain circumstance.. Recently i want to add my sister into the deed as joint tenant of surviorship and plan to use quit claim deed to save money. i already paid off the house and don't have mortgage. As i review the form that i paid online, I notice there are listed first party which is the current owner, so the second party will be my name and my sister's name, right? and here comes to confusing part, should i sign my name(as the owner and grantor) under first party with two witness or does my sister have to sign along with me since she is becoming co owner now? should I and my sister sign the names as grantees on the second pages? i really need professional help to fill out the form correctly. .Please see attached. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Florida-quitclaim-deed-form 2019.pdf
    782.1 KB · Views: 2
i really need professional help to fill out the form correctly.

Good for you.

Yes.

Yes you do need to hire an attorney to ensure what you wish done is done correctly.

You also need to fully comprehend the mess you might end up creating.

If you manage to add your sister to YOUR deed, do you know what will occur if your sister dies before you die?

If she dies without a will, rest assured buzzards and vultures will descend upon you during your period of mourning.

You will soon SEE what death and GREED can reap.

Talk to a lawyer about UNINTENDED consequences of real estate owned by two people, three people, or an entire tribe of people.

A deed isn't a membership in a club or some way of specifying intent. When you deed something to someone you are giving them an irrevocable outright share in the property (typically half unless you say otherwise). She's free to do what she wants with her half of the house from the day you grant it to her, from give or sell it to someone else, assert other rights including moving in, renting out rooms, or even taking you to court to force the sale of the house and have the proceeds split between you.

There are better ways to transfer the house to her upon your death if that is your intent.

Back