DHS

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
Hi my name is Casey my Nephew and his wife got their children taken away today the CPS worker decided it would be a good idea to place them in a home with an 18 year old. These Babies 3,3 and 3 months old. When I asked to get custody of them he told me that no if I cared I should have talk to them sooner about it. I had no idea anything was going on so I guess what I need to know is how do I get custody of my nephew and 2 nieces. I don't feel comfortable knowing that she is only 18 and can barely provide for herself. Please help not sure on my next step.

Hire a lawyer, see if the lawyer can assist you in obtaining your heart's desire.

Hi my name is Casey my Nephew and his wife got their children taken away today the CPS worker decided it would be a good idea to place them in a home with an 18 year old. These Babies 3,3 and 3 months old. When I asked to get custody of them he told me that no if I cared I should have talk to them sooner about it. I had no idea anything was going on so I guess what I need to know is how do I get custody of my nephew and 2 nieces. I don't feel comfortable knowing that she is only 18 and can barely provide for herself. Please help not sure on my next step.

The Department of Homeland Security? (That's DHS). Do you mean DHHS?

Go talk to a lawyer. That's your only hope or the parents need to get a lawyer.

how do I get custody of my nephew and 2 nieces.

In the first sentence in your post, you told us that these are your nephew's children. You want custody of his children, not custody of him. Right?

Anyway, you have two options. You can try and convince CPS to place the children with you. If that doesn't work, you can petition the court to give you guardianship of the children. Consult with a local attorney about the second option.

Seriously? In the context of the post, it's pretty obvious that the OP is referring to the Tennessee Department of Human Services.

In the first sentence in your post, you told us that these are your nephew's children. You want custody of his children, not custody of him. Right?

Anyway, you have two options. You can try and convince CPS to place the children with you. If that doesn't work, you can petition the court to give you guardianship of the children. Consult with a local attorney about the second option.

Seriously? In the context of the post, it's pretty obvious that the OP is referring to the Tennessee Department of Human Services.

Yeah I knew what they meant. I'm sorry so only you can be a sarcastic dickhead? Got it. (Rolling eyes emoji here).

Yeah I knew what they meant.

So your prior response was simply you intentionally being a dumbass? If you "knew what they [sic] meant," why did you write, "Do you mean DHHS?"

I'm sorry so only you can be a sarcastic dickhead? Got it.

First of all, there was nothing "sarcastic" about what I wrote previously. Second, no, I don't "got it." If you're going to post something obviously stupid, don't be surprised if someone calls you on it.

The children would not be placed in a home where they are at risk or unable to be cared for. You might not agree with the placement, but many conditions must be met before the state hands the kids over to anyone.
Your option is to petition for guardianship to be considered at all. Otherwise you have no role in this.

So your prior response was simply you intentionally being a dumbass? If you "knew what they [sic] meant," why did you write, "Do you mean DHHS?"

First of all, there was nothing "sarcastic" about what I wrote previously. Second, no, I don't "got it." If you're going to post something obviously stupid, don't be surprised if someone calls you on it.
Many of your posts are you being a sarcastic dickhead when answering people's questions - usually you're rude af.

Many of your posts are you being a sarcastic dickhead when answering people's questions - usually you're rude af.
And I see zddoodah posts as being helpful. zddoodah is not a touchy-feely poster, but then, the law does not care about emotions. But to each his/her/its own.

The children would not be placed in a home where they are at risk or unable to be cared for. You might not agree with the placement, but many conditions must be met before the state hands the kids over to anyone.
Your option is to petition for guardianship to be considered at all. Otherwise you have no role in this.
Ok thank you I do have guardianship but I will contact an attorney thank you so much

Go talk to a lawyer. That's your only hope or the parents need to get a lawyer.
I mean Child Protective Sercives and they were told that a lawyer would appointed for them but when the mother said she was going to hire a lawyer the worker simply stated why would you be stupid and waste your money when you can have a free lawyer

Back