DHR Safety plan

Ashton Goodwin

We have a 2yr old boy and a new born baby boy that is only 2weeks old. When he was laying on the carpet, after changing his diaper, he got carpet burns in 3 different places on his legs. Me and my girlfriend went to the pharmacist to pick up medicine for her C-section, and while there the pharmacist noticed the carpet burns. The pharmacist called DHR on us.So dhr told us to bring the baby to the hospital, which we did, to have the baby checked out. The doctor is claiming that it is not carpet burns but does not know what it is. Since then, they requested for a safety plan which we agreed to. The kids are staying with my mom and grandmother. They said it could be up to 90 days for a decision could be made. The mother passed the drug test but i didn't because my boss smokes pot at work so i failed it. Other than that, we can't think of anything else dhr has on us. Is it safe for us to break the plan and get our kids back. were told that if we break the plan, dhr could call for a pick up order and we have to go to court withing 72 hrs, Then the judge could have dhr keep the kids for another 30days until court. Should we go get the kids or stay on the safety plan and let dhr bully us for something we didn't do. We went to go see a lawyer but they want 3000 up front, we can't afford that so we are looking for some kind of legal advice on this situation.

We have a 2yr old boy and a new born baby boy that is only 2weeks old. When he was laying on the carpet, after changing his diaper, he got carpet burns in 3 different places on his legs. Me and my girlfriend went to the pharmacist to pick up medicine for her C-section, and while there the pharmacist noticed the carpet burns. The pharmacist called DHR on us.So dhr told us to bring the baby to the hospital, which we did, to have the baby checked out. The doctor is claiming that it is not carpet burns but does not know what it is. Since then, they requested for a safety plan which we agreed to. The kids are staying with my mom and grandmother. They said it could be up to 90 days for a decision could be made. The mother passed the drug test but i didn't because my boss smokes pot at work so i failed it. Other than that, we can't think of anything else dhr has on us. Is it safe for us to break the plan and get our kids back. were told that if we break the plan, dhr could call for a pick up order and we have to go to court withing 72 hrs, Then the judge could have dhr keep the kids for another 30days until court. Should we go get the kids or stay on the safety plan and let dhr bully us for something we didn't do. We went to go see a lawyer but they want 3000 up front, we can't afford that so we are looking for some kind of legal advice on this situation.

Is it ever smart to spit in royal face of the King or Queen, insult the Prince, or kill the Duchess' cat?

You should know by now to never try and alibi or explain when the king sends his prosecutor to charge you.

Silence and patience are your two best tools, use them or risk more of the king's royal wrath.

They've already told you what could happen if you break the safety plan. No one here can give you a different answer.

Work the plan that DHR has given you. That's the only way you'll have half-a-chance.

No, it is not safe (in your best interest) to break the safety plan DHR gave you.

If they aren't carpet burns I'm not sure how the doctors can't figure it out. Babies don't get carpet burns from just lying on the carpet getting a diaper change. It could be an allergic reaction. My daughter gets a rash in the winter the last couple years and her doctor has said it's dry skin and possibly rubbing against the carpet when she would scoot or roll around. But doctors know a difference between carpet burn or rash or something else.

Also seriously? You didn't pass a drug test because your "boss" smokes pot? Be real. There is no way you will fail a drug test from secondhand smoking. How much pot does he smoke?

Go ahead and take your kids back and then see how long before you end up in jail for kidnapping.

DHR is not "bullying" you. A report was obviously made so they are following up and investigating that report. The fact you claim you don't know what the "burns" are and that the doctor doesn't know is concerning. They want to make sure the children are safe.

You can only get legal advice from a lawyer.

Nothing you say makes sense. children dont get carpet burns from diaper changes unless your doing so very violently. I also agree your not going to test positive for pot by sitting in same room with a pot smoker. You came her efor help if you want accurate help you need to be honest.

Thanks for the advice, we're staying on the safety plan and getting a lawyer, I'll post what happens after getting a lawyer so others will learn from this.

Thanks for the advice, we're staying on the safety plan and getting a lawyer, I'll post what happens after getting a lawyer so others will learn from this.

Ok update! My mom and mom's boyfriend will not let us see the kids so we called the cops to meet us over at the house and the cops said they couldn't do anything to let us see the kids. Now a week later the mom just got arrested for harassment and now she is in jail all because she wanted to see her kids. Now we did get a letter in the mail saying there has been no abuse on the kids from the cops investigation. But we still have to follow the safety plan. So bottom line, can we sue for defamation of character and if so what paperwork needs to be filed cause we don't have a lawyer yet. This is getting ugly. So not only will my mom and moms boyfriend not let us see the kids but now my girl is in jail and we don't have money to bail her out. Oh, I retook the drug test and passed, it was the sec hand smoke. And DHR is acting like theres not a case here to prosecute but because there so backed up we still have to follow the safety plan. Now we have a whole new set of problems.

Last edited:
Ok update! My mom and mom's boyfriend will not let us see the kids so we called the cops to meet us over at the house and the cops said they couldn't do anything to let us see the kids. Now a week later the mom just got arrested for harassment and now she is in jail all because she wanted to see her kids. Now we did get a letter in the mail saying there has been no abuse on the kids from the cops investigation. But we still have to follow the safety plan. So bottom line, can we sue for defamation of character and if so what paperwork needs to be filed cause we don't have a lawyer yet. This is getting ugly. So not only will my mom and moms boyfriend not let us see the kids but now my girl is in jail and we don't have money to bail her out. Oh, I retook the drug test and passed, it was the sec hand smoke. And DHR is acting like theres not a case here to prosecute but because there so backed up we still have to follow the safety plan. Now we have a whole new set of problems.

DHR told you what to do, yet you chose to do what you wanted to do.
You're fooling yourselves, telling yourselves the way you think it should be, and that's not working.

You've made a minor incident into a major catastrophe.

We suggested you simply work the plan, behave yourselves, be patient, and obey the court order.

Sorry, no need for any of us to offer you suggestions, you ignore suggestions and do whatever the hell you think is best.

You were going to HIRE a lawyer, you obviously decided spending money to help you legally get the kids back was useless, because you chose to bully someone and one of you sits in a jail cell tonight.

Merry Christmas, good night!!!

DHR told you what to do, yet you chose to do what you wanted to do.
You're fooling yourselves, telling yourselves the way you think it should be, and that's not working.

You've made a minor incident into a major catastrophe.

We suggested you simply work the plan, behave yourselves, be patient, and obey the court order.

Sorry, no need for any of us to offer you suggestions, you ignore suggestions and do whatever the hell you think is best.

You were going to HIRE a lawyer, you obviously decided spending money to help you legally get the kids back was useless, because you chose to bully someone and one of you sits in a jail cell tonight.

Merry Christmas, good night!!!

We're obeying the court order all the way but they will not let us see the kids at all. We have a 10 week baby that needs to be breast fed and they are being dicks about this and wont let us see the kids period. So us calling them over and over trying to see the kids, they finally filed charges. We're obeying the safety plan but does that give them the right to not let us see the kids at all. Even in foster care you have the right for visitation. We told DHR and there ignoring us. If they would just let us see our kids then none of this would have happened. Now she is charged with harassment and intimidating a witness.

We're obeying the court order all the way but they will not let us see the kids at all. We have a 10 week baby that needs to be breast fed and they are being dicks about this and wont let us see the kids period. So us calling them over and over trying to see the kids, they finally filed charges. We're obeying the safety plan but does that give them the right to not let us see the kids at all. Even in foster care you have the right for visitation. We told DHR and there ignoring us. If they would just let us see our kids then none of this would have happened. Now she is charged with harassment and intimidating a witness.

I suppose you see NOW that DHR isn't playing.
If you ever want this nightmare to end, learn to listen, obey every aspect of their orders and instructions, stop calling those people, work that plan, and in six months MAYBE a year, this just might be ended.

Keep doing what YOU want to do, and DHR will play rough, very, very rough.

For your sake, and the sake of the child, choose wisely.

The baby will be just fine without being breast fed, but how will either of you, or BOTH of you be if you end up in some filthy jail cell?

Stop doing it your way.
DHR, the cops, the prosecutor, the government doesn't care one thing about what you want or need.
Be smart, wise up, but if you don't, not my circus, not my monkeys, have all you can take; because those clowns got lots more evil tricks and black magic they can employ against you!!!!

DHR (or any other name used) has all the power you have none! You and your child are best served by following ALL instructions ot the letter! If there is aj issue bring it up in court.Do anything on your own right or not works against you.

No if you would just follow the order then it wouldn't have happened. You get to see the kids when DHR lets you see the kids. Babies do not "need" to be breast fed. Sorry. I have a two year old and she was never breastfed. I know lots of babies who aren't breastfed. Formula works just as well. Or the mother can pump and send the milk to whoever has the baby to give in a bottle.

Stop harassing and intimidating and do what you have to in order to get your kids.

No if you would just follow the order then it wouldn't have happened. You get to see the kids when DHR lets you see the kids. Babies do not "need" to be breast fed. Sorry. I have a two year old and she was never breastfed. I know lots of babies who aren't breastfed. Formula works just as well. Or the mother can pump and send the milk to whoever has the baby to give in a bottle.

Stop harassing and intimidating and do what you have to in order to get your kids.

Major update! We just found out today the kids were either being abused or mistreated at that house and DHR finally has listened. They had the kids removed to a family that we know and trust. We think my 2 yr old was sexually abused but don't know yet so we're having the kids taken to the doctor tomorrow to find out. No disrespected, But because we have being following the rules my kids were being abused. We have pictures and everything. If DHR cared about the well being of these kids why did this happen. We're done being nice, Charges will be filed tomorrow and we have an appointment with a lawyer. My mom's boyfriend has an unregistered firearm and drugs in the house so now there being investigated on there kids. The system in place is not working like it should. If the kids were never taken away in the first place none of this would have happen.

You know why DHR removed the children from your care. And good luck suing a state agency. What do you hope to accomplish?

Major update! We just found out today the kids were either being abused or mistreated at that house and DHR finally has listened. They had the kids removed to a family that we know and trust. We think my 2 yr old was sexually abused but don't know yet so we're having the kids taken to the doctor tomorrow to find out. No disrespected, But because we have being following the rules my kids were being abused. We have pictures and everything. If DHR cared about the well being of these kids why did this happen. We're done being nice, Charges will be filed tomorrow and we have an appointment with a lawyer. My mom's boyfriend has an unregistered firearm and drugs in the house so now there being investigated on there kids. The system in place is not working like it should. If the kids were never taken away in the first place none of this would have happen.
Good luck filing charges against DHR. You really think they purposely put your kids with a known child abuser? I doubt it. You do realize that many times child abusers keep that shit under wraps for years before they ever get caught right?

You have pictures your child was sexually abused? How?

You know why they took the kids so maybe if you weren't doing what YOU were doing, the kids wouldn't have been taken away. Yes sometimes they do get it wrong and no system is perfect anywhere. Things created by humans will never be perfect.

Someone in YOUR house did something to hurt your children too because no child gets a "carpet burn" from getting a diaper changed. I don't think you or your partner should have the kids either. I think those kids need to go to someone who is going to actually take care of them. Not use them as pawns.

Your 2 week old infant ended up in the hospital with multiple injuries due to an implausible excuse, while you were under the influence and you wonder why the kids were placed elsewhere? How could you not know how the child was injured? Infants can not go anywhere or do anything on their own. Baby would need to be changed every 2 hours or so, which would considerably narrow the window of time during which a rash or other injury would be discovered.They were placed with YOUR family. The time to object to that placement is long since passed. It is certainly not DHS's fault if your family members abused the child. It is unclear if you have no contact with the kids how you have "proof" of injuries. Your baby's mother badgering your mother to see the children removed from your care didn't help. If she is in jail and has bail set, I am extremely skeptical all she did was politely call and inquire about visiting the kids. At this point, the baby is no longer breastfed. Clearing baby has been on formula for at least a month. Using the breastfeeding excuse holds no water.

Back