Dhr newborn saftey plans

Cody cordell

Jurisdiction
Alabama
7/28/21
My daughter test positive at birth for thc in Fairhope alabama
I (the father)was never tested at hospital
Dhr showed up the day we were leaving hospital said we have to do a out of home saftey plan...my daughter has been with my mother (her grandmother) in Birmingham alabama for a month now they have sent us for 1 drug test 2 weeks ago to witch me and my wife failed for thc they sent it to the lab and our case worker still hasn't got our results back as of 8 25 2021 the case worker says the saftey plan will end when we have 4 negative results

Me and my wife have been taking at home drug screens and haven't smoked thc since before the birth of our daughter

Question #1
can I request a in home safety plan

Question #2
If our at home drug screens start showing were negative for thc can I go get my baby as long as I know I can pass the drug test when that time comes

If i play by there rules i feel likel its taking forever

And they sent the wrong caseworker to our house one day and she said a in home saftey plan could have been issued instead of the baby being 4 hrs from us

Get yourself clean, go to rehab if you can't stop abusing drugs, stop smoking dope, you'll have your baby returned,.

There are no shortcuts.

If you desire to have your child returned, stop whining, stop making excuses, follow the program, the child will be returned eventually.

A qualified, respected, noted AL family law attorney comments:

DHR Safety Plans: An Illusion of Consent - Greg Varner Attorney at Law

can I request a in home safety plan

Of course you can. Did you really think the answer might be otherwise?

Question #2
If our at home drug screens start showing were negative for thc can I go get my baby as long as I know I can pass the drug test when that time comes

That will obviously be up to the discretion of the DHR.

If i play by there rules i feel likel its taking forever

Bummer. Such are the consequences of your wife smoking pot while pregnant.

Back