DFS Gave Child Immunizations,Waiver For Non Compliance On Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Cherokee

Cps took my son because I was arrested.I was released within 24 hrs of being arrested.
He is in temporary foster care while family service plan is being worked. I am his mother and have a signed affidavit form from Texas State Health Dept. which declared I invoke the right for child to not to have immunizations. Form is current and valid signed by myself and is in his school shot records. When child was placed they took him for a check up and the foster parents were made aware of this affidavit by my child and I am sure the previous school he was enrolled in sent the shot forms and medical forms to the new school he is temporarily in. They disregarded or failed to research the situation and gave him shots anyway. Do I have any legal recourse for this? IF so, I am gonna go for it, for this is an issue I feel strongly about. Do they "CPS" have medical rights over my son to which include voluntary medical treatments I have stated are not to be done? I have a firm belief against this, and my parental rights were,and will not be terminated . :no:
He was only placed less than a month ago. Please advise. Thank You.

This is just another example of CPS abuse. They had no right to immunize your child. They have the authority to but they should not have. Further, if you got out within 24 hours you should have immediately been able to get your children back. Unless your arrest was for hurting a child CPS is out of line.

I wonder if I posted this in the wrong sub section of this forum. I really think they violated something here and should be held accountable for what they have done. I wish I could find out for sure or could be directed to an attorney in my area that handles cases as these. Thank You for your interest. Sincerely, Miss Cherokee

Holding them accountable is the tricky part. I'm in the middle of a 42 USC 1983 suit in Georgia attempting to do that very thing. It isn't easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back