dfcs

charity owens

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I had a previous case i got my kids back. In april my kids grandma tried to open another case it failed. Well august 9 I woke up still intoxicated from the night before. I got my daughter up to go to school she thru a tantrum which she does often. The grandma sent the police to my home to do a well check i was still intoxicated but the police left. My daughter called an aunt to pick her up she then dropped her off at the grandma house against my will. i didnt find out until wednesday. My daughter went to school wednesday and came home. When she got off the school bus she was met by her grandma which made her go to my leasing office where she sat there for two hours. Yes i admit that i didnt search for her because we have a plan to where she goes to a neighbor home if im not home. she never came home. My phone was dead. While she was sitting at my leasing office the grandma called dfcs. When dfcs came to my door i was still intoxicated. i didnt talk to her and she informed me my kids wasnt coming home. My daughter grandma used my daughter phone while she was in school and pertayed to send messages as if my daughter didnt want to come home. I say this because her phone only works off wifi and she dont get service in school also when would she have time to text if she is actively in school. The text basically said was her grandma going to pick her up from the school bus. The grandma kept telling her to go to the office. Dfcs said i couldnt get my kids and they had to do an investigation. I still have custody of my children but the school allowed my kids to switch schools. My case isnt normal and i need help.

You shouldn't have children around you. You're an alcoholic and putting these children in harms way. Sad deal that a person puts a bottle of alcohol before the welfare of their own child. You need treatment and a lawyer.

I had a previous case i got my kids back. In april my kids grandma tried to open another case it failed. Well august 9 I woke up still intoxicated from the night before. I got my daughter up to go to school she thru a tantrum which she does often. The grandma sent the police to my home to do a well check i was still intoxicated but the police left. My daughter called an aunt to pick her up she then dropped her off at the grandma house against my will. i didnt find out until wednesday. My daughter went to school wednesday and came home. When she got off the school bus she was met by her grandma which made her go to my leasing office where she sat there for two hours. Yes i admit that i didnt search for her because we have a plan to where she goes to a neighbor home if im not home. she never came home. My phone was dead. While she was sitting at my leasing office the grandma called dfcs. When dfcs came to my door i was still intoxicated. i didnt talk to her and she informed me my kids wasnt coming home. My daughter grandma used my daughter phone while she was in school and pertayed to send messages as if my daughter didnt want to come home. I say this because her phone only works off wifi and she dont get service in school also when would she have time to text if she is actively in school. The text basically said was her grandma going to pick her up from the school bus. The grandma kept telling her to go to the office. Dfcs said i couldnt get my kids and they had to do an investigation. I still have custody of my children but the school allowed my kids to switch schools. My case isnt normal and i need help.

"...I woke up intoxicated from the night before..." well that's not a good start...

"...she thru a tantrum which she does often..." how old is she? What does that even matter?

"...my daughter called an aunt to pick her up and dropped her off at grandma's house. I didn't find out until Wed." You didn't notice your kid missing for a day? And your "plan" is no excuse. If my daughter wasn't home when she's supposed to be home, I'd search until I found her and I'd call the police if I couldn't get a hold of her or a friend. Your phone being dead is no excuse either.

So wait Aug 9 you woke up intoxicated. Your kid didn't come home until Wed (so Aug 10 since 9th is on Tues) and by after school Wed you were still intoxicated? You need to seek professional help asap.

How could your daughter's grandma use her phone - like you're saying she kept her phone at her house and allegedly sent text messages? What proof do you have of this though? There could be wifi around the school - and kids text all the time in school on their phones unless they're taken away by a teacher.

Yeah I hope DCFS is doing an investigation because you're a mess. Not sure how your kids changed school though. Sounds like you need to talk to the school if there's no court order that gave your kid's grandma authority to change schools.

Get some help for yourself so you can take care of your kids. What do you mean your case isn't normal? It sounds like you have an issue with alcohol and you need to get help and the kids are hopefully safer at grandma's right now.

My case isnt normal and i need help.

True.

Your case is not normal, because your situation is not normal.

If you take steps towards becoming boring, your case will become more normal.

Legal advice: get help with your drinking problem. Taking responsibility for your actions will favorably impress people. You seem to think that you're the victim - you're not. So long as you act like you're the victim, your case will not be normal.

Back