Dfacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Williamjohnson

Ok here is my story I have been kicked out of my home by dfacs cause I had texted positive for drugs I was the primary caretaker of my finances and my kids , and we have called left messages an sent text messages to the (case worker ) when she does answer she says let me call you back , and we never here anything back it has been over a month how long do they have to put a case plan in action they have not told either one of us what we needed to do for me to go back home if you can give me any information to help my case please let me know thank you

You might just have to wait or try talking to the case worker's supervisor.

Ok here is my story I have been kicked out of my home by dfacs cause I had texted positive for drugs I was the primary caretaker of my finances and my kids , and we have called left messages an sent text messages to the (case worker ) when she does answer she says let me call you back , and we never here anything back it has been over a month how long do they have to put a case plan in action they have not told either one of us what we needed to do for me to go back home if you can give me any information to help my case please let me know thank you

DFACS doesn't have the authority to kick you out.

What actually happened?

Only a judge issuing a legal order could possibly have you removed from YOUR home.

So, DFACS didn't kick you out. DFACS doesn't have the legal authority to do that.
So, are you a CONVICTED SEXUAL OFFENDER?
Are you required to REGISTER & REPORT AS A SEXUAL OFFENDER to the sheriff or law enforcement?

Was the home (or lease) in YOUR name, or were you shacking with the chilluns mammy?

We can provide answers, but NOT without more details and FACTS, no opinions.

My mother inlaw called dfacs and said I was useing , dfacs came to my home and did a little home assessment and then she was wanting us to sign a confidential agreement forum that (she had left at the office ) which I knew her leaveing it was bs but we scheduled a time to go to her office to sign and we have 4 kids 1 togther and the others are hers by another so we had all four of them with us when we went to her office so I stayed in the van all we where supose to be doing was signing papers but we where asked to come in and we get in there and a tech was in there they did the test I came up positive , we say there from 9 am till 4 pm and she came in and said that I could not leave in the same vehicle with her and my kids and I had just that day to go to my home and get whatever I wanted and could not come back until further notice we have called and called to get answers they want tell us anything my finance has sent her text have not got any response

No I am not a sex offender the allegations where my kids where smelling and I was on drugs , my kids take there on showers I have taught them how to bath dfacs says I should go I'm the bath room with them and bath them myself and the are 8 and 7 and yes both are names or on the rental agreement and we have a kid togther

My mother inlaw called dfacs and said I was useing , dfacs came to my home and did a little home assessment and then she was wanting us to sign a confidential agreement forum that (she had left at the office ) which I knew her leaveing it was bs but we scheduled a time to go to her office to sign and we have 4 kids 1 togther and the others are hers by another so we had all four of them with us when we went to her office so I stayed in the van all we where supose to be doing was signing papers but we where asked to come in and we get in there and a tech was in there they did the test I came up positive , we say there from 9 am till 4 pm and she came in and said that I could not leave in the same vehicle with her and my kids and I had just that day to go to my home and get whatever I wanted and could not come back until further notice we have called and called to get answers they want tell us anything my finance has sent her text have not got any response

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

Could you please try to clarify what happened?

Again, DFCS does NOT have such authority, and there are a LOT of details missing.

They did a urine test on me and I came up positive and they told me I could leave the house willingly or they would take my kids and put them in foster care over 1 dirty urine text , that is all I know I have not been told anything else since 11/22/13 they will not return my calls my question is : do they not have a certain amount of time to put a plan in action ? They can not keep me out I my home indefently

Ok, you left willingly apparently or they would have taken the children. They didn't put you out. You'll have to wait until they get back to you or try talking to a supervisor if you haven't already.

Someone else may come along with some additional information.

WOW, you should have asked about this before agreeing or doing anything.

OKAY, in the future, never, ever agree to voluntarily speak to the law enforcement, any government agency, etc... IF THE ISSUE INVOLVES potential criminal liability for YOU!

God only knows what you signed.

By signing that document, you obviously gave them some authority over you.

DFACS had no authority to require you to take any kind of drug test, heck, even the police can't cause you to do that - EVEN if they have probable cause. You can refuse, there will be sanctions, but only a judge can order fluids or bodily samples to be collected form you against your will.

Moving on, you desperately need a lawyer.

At this point, only a lawyer can help you.

But, your case interests me (few do these days and I'm a lawyer), so I'll try to advise, assist, and offer you some guidance.

This is NOT, nor can it ever become a lawyer-client relationship, but I'll offer you some insight about these processes based upon my legal knowledge and expertise. You're lucky, because I also generally despise DFACS, CPS, CFS, initials representing any Official State Approved Child and Family Destroyer Agency or Bureau.

Hopefully, it'll be of some value.

Please provide another post detailing what went down, on what dates, and post the contents (leave out ALL REAL names, use FAKE NAMES) of EVERY document you signed.

I suggest you do the following things tomorrow morning ASAP:

1 - visit your local legal aid office (they will listen to you, and offer you advice, good advice; but they won't take your case in all likelihood)
2 - after legal aid has advised you, ask them if they know of any criminal defense or family law attorneys that will assist indigent people (YOU) on a PRO BONO basis (for FREE)
3 - come back and give us an update after you have done the above tasks

Whatever you do, obey what you have agreed to do.

Don't get caught violating this bit of state TRICKERATION until we know more about it, because you don't want to make more trouble for yourself.

Are you on state parole, probation, or any type of supervised release?

Are you under indictment for any crime?
Have you been charged and are awaiting trial with any crime at the moment?
Are you out on bond, after having been arrested for any crime?
Have you been convicted of any crime? If so, what crimes and when?

They did a urine test on me and I came up positive and they told me I could leave the house willingly or they would take my kids and put them in foster care over 1 dirty urine text , that is all I know I have not been told anything else since 11/22/13 they will not return my calls my question is : do they not have a certain amount of time to put a plan in action ? They can not keep me out I my home indefently

Once more, only a COURT can make that decision. You need an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back