Detrimental Effects of Risperdol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Fonz

Let me start off with I now live in California, not sure how that will change anything.

When I was 16 I was arrested on a terrorism charge, the charge was dropped on the agreement that I attend therapeutic sessions and take certain therapeutic medication. [Risperdol/Zoloft]

My family has a history of auto-immune diseases, but I was fairly clean until about a year after starting risperdol [quit after 8 months]. I began experiencing effects to sugar that were common in diabetics almost as soon as I stopped taking the medication. I took a blood test to be eligible for accutane, 17 years old I was diagnosed for the first time with Type-1 juvenile diabetes.

For the length of the time I took risperdol [4mg 1-2 times a day] zoloft [150-300mg daily] it felt as if my consciousness was in another place, as if I was a little man on a boat with a fishing rod in the middle of a very calm vast ocean where it was always dusk. This continued for a few months after I stopped taking the medication. I've suffered from acute anxiety and depression ever since. I brought this up to many people over the years, everyone has told me to follow up on a law suit.

I'm 22 years old now. I've lost a number of jobs due to my necessity to eat certain amounts frequently and needing to test. I've been rejected from enlisting in any form of the armed forces because I'm diabetic. I can no longer afford testing supplies or insulin. There might even be more things going on with me that I haven't linked to the medication from lack of knowledge.

What can I do?

Also, this is where I've gotten most of my information on the medicine.
http: //en.wikipedia. org/wiki /Risperdol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back