Detective called me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam1am

I got a call a few days ago from someone that said someone i knew stole money from my car and checks from my bf's car recently and cashed one. They caught the guy, and he admitted to writing and cashing the check but says i gave it to him and drove him to the bank which is false. I have talked to the police 4 times over the phone and went in to fill out a statement. Pretty much, they say they believe they guy that says i gave him the check to cash it and do drugs over me. My neighbor is a witness saying i was home, but i just got a call from a detective today which i didnt call back cause i was looking for a lawyer. He says he knows i lied, he is a "good guy" and i have no criminal record so if i continue to cooperate he can make things good for me, but if i dont it will "turn another direction." Shouldnt they have reviewed tapes already to see if i was involved? And if they did, why are they still calling me? I cant eat or sleep cause of my anxiety disorder and they keep saying i lied which i have not. WHat can i do? I called lawyers for consults and got one who told me to call the cops and see if i was being charged and call him back. Is there some way i can get a lawyer to call the detective and tell him im not talking? Its been 4 days since the police report has been filed, if they had something would they have arrested me yet? I just dont know what to do. I know i have done nothing wrong, but they still are leaving me messages acting like i did. Please someone tell me what to do? Thanks.

Never, ever speak to the police about a criminal matter. Be polite, identify yourself, and ask to speak with an attorney.

I've never had a client that talked their way out of trouble. But, brother were they good at digging their own graves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back