Deranged 21 year old male stabs 64 year old man and spouse after being granted entry to their home

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
New York
The victims hopefully learn a valuable lesson.
We aren't living during the 1950s.
We never open our door UNLESS we know the person.
We use our video intercom to communicate with uninvited "wannabe" guests.
These days one of my firearms is at the ready, or upon my person.
Be safe out there citizens.
After all, it is your castle they're now seeking to breach!
PHW7ELE2GBG7XK2JVH5ATJVQEA.JPG

WURTSBORO, N.Y. (News 12) - An Air Force veteran and his wife are shaken after a stranger knocked on their front door then attacked them, stabbing the man several times, police say.

James Defazio, a 64-year-old Air Force veteran, says he heard a knock at the door last Thursday at his home in Wurtsboro, New York, so he opened it for the stranger outside.

"Some guy asked me where he could buy groceries. I told him. Then, he asked me if he could use my bathroom," Defazio said. "Next thing I know, I feel a knife going into my stomach inside. I went down. Then, he started stabbing me in the face and throat."

Police identified the stranger as 21-year-old Brian Scott. He is now charged with attempted murder after police say he repeatedly stabbed the unsuspecting Defazio and held his wife against her will in what appears to be a random attack.

These days one of my firearms is at the ready, or upon my person.

Might not have been an option for the victims. Seems that Sullivan County makes you wait to exercise your rights.

Information Guide: Pistol Permits | Sullivan County NY

How long does it take to process?
Approximately six to eight months on average, but it may take longer for some applications.

For what purpose can I obtain a pistol license?
Target shooting, hunting, fishing, hiking, and camping.

Might not have been an option for the victims. Seems that Sullivan County makes you wait to exercise your rights.

Approximately six to eight months on average, but it may take longer for some applications.

So true, yet so sad.

The residents of The Empire State must remain easy prey for the predators that inundate the state.

You never know when some crazed pervert might get the urge to sexually molest your poodle, club you to death, or shove you off a subway platform into the path of a speeding express train.

The requirements seem very onerous to me. I'm surprised they haven't been struck down.

The requirements seem very onerous to me. I'm surprised they haven't been struck down.

A predator requires prey in order to predate.

Prey must never resist.

Prey must willingly, lovingly submit their lives to satiate any predator's bloodlust.

Back