Deportation, Re-entry deportation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynette_stewart

i have question . my husband is facing deportation. he applied for his green card back in 2001. it was denied and he was told to report to the immigration judge in manhattan. back in 1991 he pleaded guilty to a felony ( intent to sell crack) . he had a public defender at the time who told him to plead guilty since he didn't have his green card. all he will have to do is 5 years probation. and he did the same. he's never been in trouble with the law since that incident. we been married since 1995. we have 1 child together. and he has 2 other children from prior relationships. he hasn't been back to his country in 15 years. he is a family man and very active in his church. does he have any type of defense.

It's a long time away since the 1991 event to plead ineffective assistance of counsel. This is a tough call and I'm sure that there are many facts we aren't hearing in your summary. You may need to speak to a good attorney to handle this. Exactly what is the reason for the deportation and are there other material items that we are not hearing about?

lynette stewart said:
i have question . my husband is facing deportation. he applied for his green card back in 2001. it was denied and he was told to report to the immigration judge in manhattan. back in 1991 he pleaded guilty to a felony ( intent to sell crack) . he had a public defender at the time who told him to plead guilty since he didn't have his green card. all he will have to do is 5 years probation. and he did the same. he's never been in trouble with the law since that incident. we been married since 1995. we have 1 child together. and he has 2 other children from prior relationships. he hasn't been back to his country in 15 years. he is a family man and very active in his church. does he have any type of defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back