Consumer Fraud Department store merchandise malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvmills6

My daughter bought me a top from a national department store. The first time I wore the top it shredded its color like a fine powder. I inhaled this powder, I found it in my hair, my ears, my nose and all over my skin. Not to mention all over my other clothes, my house and my truck. The store wants me to return the top plus all my clothes to them and they say they will reimburse me. I have nothing in writing and they are in a big hurry for me to give them my things. I have pictures, videos and witnesses to back this up. Should I pursue legal action or trust they will reimburse me?

They'll reimburse you, maybe even give you a $25 gift certificate.

You might want to take your evidence, meet with a lawyer, and see how much
MORE he or she can scam for you?

A tough negotiator could score thousands, depending on what caused the item to implode.

If its TOXIC, you might need medical care.

Your call, nothing to lose by talking and waiting.

Scam? I'm not looking for a scam. I'm looking to get treated fairly for this powder that went everywhere.

Then reread my note, when you see scam, substitute the word: LAWSUIT

A problem you're dismissing or ignoring, have you been examined by a physician?

Have you taken some of the powder to a lab and had it analyzed?

Have you spoken with a lawyer(s) in your county?

Last edited:
And your damages are ....???

Simply having some powder go everywhere doesn't mean you have a claim for anything more than your money back. Until you have more to go on, it seems your claim will be the value of the item that fell apart.

My daughter bought me a top from a national department store. The first time I wore the top it shredded its color like a fine powder. I inhaled this powder, I found it in my hair, my ears, my nose and all over my skin. Not to mention all over my other clothes, my house and my truck. The store wants me to return the top plus all my clothes to them and they say they will reimburse me. I have nothing in writing and they are in a big hurry for me to give them my things. I have pictures, videos and witnesses to back this up. Should I pursue legal action or trust they will reimburse me?

If they said they would reimburse you, I don't know why they wouldn't. Based just on what you posted, I don't see any type of additional case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back