Dentist pulled wrong tooth.

Jurisdiction
South Dakota
My fiance went to the orthodontist for invisalign. They wanted him to get two teeth out before he started. The orthodontist scanned his teeth and ordered the trays based on how it would look with the two teeth out. The orthodontist sent the referral to his regular dentist to pull the two teeth. He went to get the teeth pulled and when he was about to leave the dentist came in and says that he accidentally pulled the wrong tooth. My fiance pays for the correct tooth and leaves. They did not charge him for the wrong tooth. The dentist calls later and says he will cover an implant. But my fiance can't get an implant until he is finished with invisalign. Today he went to the orthodontist again to get scanned for new trays and the ortho confirmed that the dentist messed up and pulled the wrong tooth. Now my fiance has to go and get the correct tooth pulled at a later time. For a total of 3 teeth pulled. I just don't know what else we can do. If the dentist covers the implant is that good enough? Should we ask for compensation as well and how much? He did some digging and this dentist has only been at the office for a month and had just graduated. We are in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

If the dentist covers the implant is that good enough?
There is no way anybody on the internet can answer that.

Should we ask for compensation as well and how much?
I'm sorry, but I don't see anything that you could ask for. He, of course, could ask for something, but again, there's no way anybody on the internet can tell him "how much".

I just don't know what else we can do.

"We" can't do anything. This has nothing to do with you.

If the dentist covers the implant is that good enough?

Well...good enough for whom? There's no going back in time, so putting in an implant is a closing to fixing the situation as your fiance is going to get.

Should we ask for compensation as well and how much?

I assume you're talking about money. Your fiance is free to ask for whatever he thinks is reasonable, and it's not for any of the anonymous strangers here to determine what is or isn't reasonable.

"We" can't do anything. This has nothing to do with you.

Well...good enough for whom? There's no going back in time, so putting in an implant is a closing to fixing the situation as your fiance is going to get.

I assume you're talking about money. Your fiance is free to ask for whatever he thinks is reasonable, and it's not for any of the anonymous strangers here to determine what is or isn't reasonable.

I say we because I'm trying to help. He doesn't know what a reasonable amount would be for something like this. He doesn't want to go in asking for too much. His pain and suffering may be worth more to him than the dentist thinks it's worth.

His pain and suffering may be worth more to him than the dentist thinks it's worth.

Perhaps he might consider asking the dentist for services, assuming he still has faith in the dentist's abilities to perform, as in no fees for whatever brought him to dentist originally.

Barter can be a very effective solution, in some situations.

I say we because I'm trying to help. He doesn't know what a reasonable amount would be for something like this. He doesn't want to go in asking for too much. His pain and suffering may be worth more to him than the dentist thinks it's worth.
Why don't you help him by directing him to this site and posting for himself, under his own user name. It is much more effective if the legal party asks their own questions.

Back