Medical Malpractice Dental Malpractice

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah007

My jurisdiction is: Canada

Hi There,

I have no idea whether I would have a case or not but I thought I would give it a try.

I am 21 years old, and am now dealing with TMJ issues with my jaw. I went to an orthodontist when I was in high school for ortho. Several years later my jaw has been in so much pain that I finally went to someone else for the issue. I Found out that it is pretty serious and I have to get an appliance to fix my jaw, and then do braces all over again, and some other steps as well.

My current doctor had mentioned that many doctors do not take the jaw into consideration when fixing teeth. Therefore not only did I have to pay thousand of dollars then but I have to do it all over again , I'm a college student and cant afford to pay thousands of dollars again.

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you so much !!

If you can get an expert opinion that your TMJ issues were caused by your first orthodontist and were not something that would have occurred anyways - or maybe that they were something he should have known would inevitably occur and advised you to delay your braces - then you might be on to something.

Consult with a local personal injury lawyer. Someone will probably give you an initial consult for free or cheap, and let you know if you have a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back