demoted from housekeeping supervisor to room attendant

jewelery

i was demoted last week to room attendant from supervisor for 8 years in a hotel here in saskatchewan. i was pulled into HR office on a saturday an was told that i was being investigated. she handed me a paper in which it stated that i was mean and yelling at the ladies. this is totally untrue as i treat them all fairly except sometimes you get one that doesnt like for me to tell them what to do. In this case. i told a certain lady i will name her Sally, to go back and dust. She immediately started sniping back at me like she usually did and yelled at me. she went down and said that i was yelling at her and being mean. there were no witnesses to this incident. i have been demoted and i was suspended four days without pay. I was also accused of talking about the new houskeeping manager. (all talk about him, but he does want me out as i make too much$ for his budget..hes a a budget miser), but now i was told yesterday by a friend at work that another associate knew about what happened to me and she also knew who was telling the HR the alleged things about me.....nobody is supposed to know about this..the only ones who knew were the managers..............so someone in management just did exactly what they are accusing me of...do i have any rights on this? i believe it was my manager . He just was hired last august.

..............and then they tell me that they still wanted me to write my supervisor exam in which i did this past wednesday morning....

because the exam was already paid for.................wasnt there supposed to be a witness to the Sally incident? there was only her and I in that hallway at that moment.

This is a US board. US law and Canadian law are not the same.

Nothing illegal happened as far as US law is concerned.

Based just on what you posted, there was not anything illegal done by your place of employment in the US. If you wish, you can post your question on a Canadian law forum or talk to a lawyer in your area.

Back