Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Deferred Entry count as conviction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sexysadie

I got a ticket for posession of marijuana in a National Park, so it was considered a federal jurisdiction. This was my first offense. I went to court, plead guilty, and got deferred entry of judgement. As long as I dont get any more charges before January 5, 2011, the charge will be dropped. But, technically it is still "pending."

My question is, when applying for jobs now, the application always asks "Have you been convicted of a crime?" I want to say no, because judgement was not recorded for my charge, but technically it is still pending untill Jan 5, 2011. What will a criminal background check reveal to prospective employers and Am I right to answer NO, I havent been CONVICTED of a crime, because I feel technically I have not.

Thank you very much for any advice.

As long as you were never actually found guilty or plead guilty, then you have not been convicted, and you can answer no on those applications.

Anybody? please help

So on applications, if it asks if i have been conviceted of a crime in the last year, since I received Deferred Entry, can I legally say NO ????

The deferred entry will be complete jan 5, 2011. I dont believe I have been convicted of anything. Correct?

Thanks

I as well plead guilty as a Deferred Entry of Judgement. Is it true or not that you must plead guilty for a deferred judgement. I completed my class for my first time offense, have zero police contact for a year and then my case is supposed to be dismissed. What exactly is dimissed? Will it be on my record? Erased? Expunged? Who will be able to view my records?? DISMISSED? ERASED? what does that mean? If i am stopped by the Police at anytime for any reason after my final court date and did everything correct, they take my drivers license/type me in the system/will my name appear?

I dont know but if you find out can you let me know? This is what I have been asking for awhile now.

This forum is not very active unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back