Defamation of Chracter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgil521

I have been lead to believe that I have been a victim of Defamation of Character. I am an Assistant Branch Manager of a Bank. I will briefly give you a history of the incidents that have taken place. My Previous Manager has left me in charge of the branch while she has gone on vacation for a month and had taken a two month leave of absence in which I ran the branch with absolutely no problems. (A total of three months) I mainly did all her work, even when she was in the branch. As word got out of her resignation I applied for her position at my branch. I did inform her that I was going to apply for her position. She had no objections and wished me good luck. I'm definitely at the point where I can manage a branch as a Manager. Unfortunately I wasn't given the position. I was told by my District Manager that I have good managing skills and he has seen that the branch was mainly run by me. But the last step I will have to take to become a Manager is to go out of the bank branch and bring in business. I was fine with his decision and once our new manager gets established and settled in, I plan on going out of the branch in hopes to bring in new business.
Today I was informed by my new Manager that my District Executive confided in her and told her that the reason he chose not to promote me was because my old manager (which was his friend) told him that the majority of the time I called out sick was because I was hung over from drinking with my co-workers that are my friends the night before. My new manager also stated that my previous manager used to talk bad about me to my District Executive. The statement is absolutely not true and these are false accusations. My employee file is clean I have never gotten written up, none the less for absences and my old manager gave me a good employee review. I don't know who to believe and trust anymore.
I want to call a meeting with Human Resources to clear up this matter. The accusations that are being said about me are not true and I feel that it should be addressed if it's going to prevent me from moving up. How should I go about this situation in the proper manner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back