Declined Clearance for Employment

Status
Not open for further replies.

davdav63

Back in April and May 2008, I was informed by a company that they wished to hire me for employment in Iraq. I had several steps to complete in order to be hired. They sent a plethora of forms and background information I was to complete. I answred all their background info and provided all the documents requested. This process took several months. During this time I was working in Iraq with another company. In September, this new company called me. According to their representative, my background was complete and I had the job. There was a question of an interview with Army Counter Intelligence? I was informed that I had received a waiver from the interview, and again, the job was mine. They gave no indication of any pending clearances, reviews or requests. I informed them I would return home from Iraq and contact them. Upon arriving home, they sent me a plane ticket to fly to their processing center. The day before my flight, they called to tell me my processing was postponed until I provided them yet another document. I provided that document and was again scheduled for processing and told the job was mine. I spent 10 days at their processing center. Filled out all the employee paperwork pertaining to being hired. Had an employee number, signed up for benefits, etc. After processing I returned home for what was to be 1 week before deploying to Iraq. I was told I was on the schedule and set to deploy. Two days before I was to deploy, I received an e-mail saying my clearance was declined. I called and was informed I could not be hired.

My complaint is not so much being declined, it is that I was in no way given any indication that my employment was still pending approvals. I would never have left my previous employment had I known they were still requiring documents and my clearance status was pending. I have been financially hurt by their lack of disclosure. I made decisions in good faith, from their direct statements. Then to find out there statements were false. Had I been told I would never know my employment status without risking my present job to come to their processing center, I would not have taken the risk. And even had I risked it, I would have been fully aware of my actions. Do I have a case against this company for misleading me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back