deceased father

my sister was 12 years old when our father passed away and she received her 50% from 12 years old till she finished high school and the other 50% is still thereits just that my mom never tried to get the other 50 percent when I was younger so I am trying to do it now

You are not understanding. You will not be getting that money. That money no longer exists for you. Give up the idea that you are getting any money from the Social Security Administration. That boat sailed long ago.

my sister was 12 years old when our father passed away and she received her 50% from 12 years old till she finished high school and the other 50% is still thereits just that my mom never tried to get the other 50 percent when I was younger so I am trying to do it now

You need to sit down with mother and sister and ask them to tell you the truth.
You only know part of the story.
You seem like a very nice person, and its sad to see you chasing something that might be very hard to catch.
Get together with mother and sister and ask them to tell you EVERYTHING.

OP - I'm really sorry but based on what you posted, you are currently not entitled to any benefits. If you wish, you can certainly call social security & verify. It's too late now.

Back