debts

Status
Not open for further replies.

acoustic1

QUestion: if you go to make a deposit on something
for instance a dog
about to give birth you make the deposit
You hear one story the dog lost the pups and another that they are fine. You wait and nothing
You try again they promise to send the money back then
nothing you try the bbb and they say something totally different than the emails. They after the contact with the bbb said only they give credit to a new dog not the full refund and if i dont take that then they give partial. They go silent ignoring emails.
what kind of advice should i give if the amount is under $300 and wont return emails.
Transactions started when both were in same state and now shes in PA and refuses to answer or send anymoney back

The answer lies in the contract that you made. Did you both agree to the deal, they offered, you accepted, and the deposit represented partial payment? Did you discuss who owned the pups? The best you can do right now might be to try to sue her in small claims court in her home state -- which might be a road trip and not worth the effort. I'm not sure that the Better Business Bureau is the place to call unless she is an established business and a complaint is better than nothing.

This is a difficult scenario. Did you send the money via mail? This might qualify as wire fraud and she can be prosecuted for a federal crime. You may want to send her a certified letter, return receipt, that you will make all efforts to zealously pursue her and prosecute your claim...

Originally posted by acoustic1
QUestion: if you go to make a deposit on something
for instance a dog
about to give birth you make the deposit
You hear one story the dog lost the pups and another that they are fine. You wait and nothing
You try again they promise to send the money back then
nothing you try the bbb and they say something totally different than the emails. They after the contact with the bbb said only they give credit to a new dog not the full refund and if i dont take that then they give partial. They go silent ignoring emails.
what kind of advice should i give if the amount is under $300 and wont return emails.
Transactions started when both were in same state and now shes in PA and refuses to answer or send anymoney back

Originally posted by acoustic1
Yes it was mailed. She avoids mails and letters email and otherwise.
You must send the demand letter certified (return receipt is a good idea.) If she refuses the letter then you have some proof that she is deliberately avoiding your attempt to collect. It is possible that if you file in PA that you may be able to collect expenses and I'd certainly ask for punitive damages as well as there is no valid dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back