Debt Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadie1956

I had a refuse collection business. We would collect waste and dispose of it at a transfer facility. Transfer facility would in turn transport waste to a disposal (dump) facility, hundreds of miles away. Transfer facility announced we had fallen behind and had a $90,000.00 financial obligation to them. We filed a discovery motion seeking if they could support said claim. They where not able to support / document said claim. They filed for a summary judgement. My Attorney informed me I did not need to appear. Additionally, he informed me it would be thrown out. I did not hear anymore from my Attorney on this matter. A few years went by and I discovered a Judgement against me for the claimed sum, damages and opposition Attorney fees, totaling about $150,000.00. My Attorneys sidekick filed an Appeal. It is my understanding that the Appeal was unsuccessful, because the case presented was inadequate. I understand I have no recourse against my Attorney, due to the Statue Of Limitations. What options if any, do I have?

I had a refuse collection business. We would collect waste and dispose of it at a transfer facility. Transfer facility would in turn transport waste to a disposal (dump) facility, hundreds of miles away. Transfer facility announced we had fallen behind and had a $90,000.00 financial obligation to them. We filed a discovery motion seeking if they could support said claim. They where not able to support / document said claim. They filed for a summary judgement. My Attorney informed me I did not need to appear. Additionally, he informed me it would be thrown out. I did not hear anymore from my Attorney on this matter. A few years went by and I discovered a Judgement against me for the claimed sum, damages and opposition Attorney fees, totaling about $150,000.00. My Attorneys sidekick filed an Appeal. It is my understanding that the Appeal was unsuccessful, because the case presented was inadequate. I understand I have no recourse against my Attorney, due to the Statue Of Limitations. What options if any, do I have?

Bankruptcy comes to mind.........speak with a good, local BK attorney or two and see if you're eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back