debt collection company says I only have 3 days to pay???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawson327

A debt collector called my home and demanded payment in full, on a reduced amount (~$1800 down to $1200), within 3 days of our conversation. They said if I didn't pay in full, the reduced amount, within the 3 days there would be $3500 attorney fees plus court costs and they would place a lien on my home. I have received no documentation of any kind, via USPS or email, from this company, just a phone call. This is for a funeral bill from my grandmother only 8 months ago Shouldn't I have more than 3 days to come up with the money for this collection company, what should I do?

Did you contract to be responsible and pay for your gandmother's funeral?

If you didn't, ignore this con-artist.

1- Only a judge can order you to pay.
2- Even that judge can't force you to pay.

Now, even if you did contract for this funeral, the items 1 & 2 above still apply.

Debt collectors are vermin.
They prey on your fears.
They bully people into paying.
They are uneducated grifters.
It is best never speak with these bums.
Their one purpose in life is to steal money from you for debts you don't owe.

They threaten you.

They intimidate you.

They lie to you.

They rob you using a telephone.

Don't speak to them.

Never speak about any personal matters over the telephone.

If this was legitimate, you'd have received written correspondence for starters.

Finally, never give anyone your financial or personal details over the telephone.

Just hang up on these bums. If you have to, change your telephone number. They share it more than the garbage you see written on a truck stop bathroom wall.

One more thing, OP.

Never pay a debt collector.

If you owed the debt, you sure as heck didn't owe the high school drop out or drug addict that is calling you from some bottom feeding debt collector.

Again, don't talk to these vermin.

Would you even think about talking to Satan?

The same thing applies to the scum that work as debt collectors!

Yes, I did contract to be responsible for the funeral. How do I go about getting the proper documentation from this company to pay or make payments on this?

Yes, I did contract to be responsible for the funeral. How do I go about getting the proper documentation from this company to pay or make payments on this?

Don't ask for anything from these crooks.

They are liars and con-artists.

If you deal with a debt collector, you'll regret it.

They promise you anything to extract money from you.

They'll say, we'll take $1,000 to settle a $5,000 debt.
You send it, they sell your file to another scammer.
That scammer begins the same tactics.

Don't deal with them.
Don't let them trick you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back