death in auto accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaft

I am not exactly sure how or what to ask. A 24yr old man was killed in an auto accident. He was riding a moped and hit from behind then thrown 250'. He dies as a result of his injuries. The driver of the car was weaving in and out of traffic when she hit this young man as she was late for her dentist appointment. Speed limit was 45 and she was doing at least 80. She is being charged with a misdemeanor. A young man has lost his life... he was a son, brother and loved friend to many. What can be done to get the charges upgraded? I am very confused by it all and am just trying to learn what I can.

I am not exactly sure how or what to ask. A 24yr old man was killed in an auto accident. He was riding a moped and hit from behind then thrown 250'. He dies as a result of his injuries. The driver of the car was weaving in and out of traffic when she hit this young man as she was late for her dentist appointment. Speed limit was 45 and she was doing at least 80. She is being charged with a misdemeanor. A young man has lost his life... he was a son, brother and loved friend to many. What can be done to get the charges upgraded? I am very confused by it all and am just trying to learn what I can.

Every death is a homicide.
Not every death is a murder.
Some deaths are negligent, some are accidental.
Each loss of life is a very traumatic event to the people who loved and knew the deceased.
I am so sorry for your loss.
We, too, lost our son in a rather tragic series of negligence and stupidity.
If you want to know why the perpetrator in this incident wasn't charged with a gretaer crime, organize a group of concerned citizens.
Arrange to meet with the prosecutor or DA.
Get your elected officials (if you can) to accompany you.
Talk with the prosecutor or DA.
If the DA refuses to meet with you, you are free to talk to the media, and protest the person's death.
The relatives of the deceased can also bring a wrongful death lawsuit.
To begin the process, meet with a few local attorneys.
Again, I am sorry for your loss.
May you one day receive peace as you struggle to understand why he was taken, and you accept the loss as we all must do to continue this earthly journey.

About all you can do is speak to the police and to the prosecutor. There may be a legal reason to charge for a misdemeanor as opposed to a felony. The investigation may not have come to the same conclusions that you made here, or it may have also determined that some act on the part of the moped driver contributed to the collision. It might also be that they are charging the one charge they know they have right now which may be a speed or reckless driving offense, and they will upgrade it later when the full investigation is complete (autopsy, etc.). There can be many reasons and you will have to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back