dealership financed me a bad car

itzel90

Jurisdiction
California
I financed me a 2012 Nissan Versa on 04/01/2017.

By 04/03/2017, the 2012 Nissan Versa started having and giving me issues with the transmission, AC, and the brakes.

I went back to THE DEALER on 04/05/2017 and told the manager Victor that the car has issues and i want to trade it and he said to me that he couldnt change me the car nomore.

I went back on 04/06/2017 to THE DEALER and i told victor i dont want the nissan because it has issues, so he trade me the nissan for a 2006 Honda Pilot, but he gave me the 2006 Honda Pilot on 05/01/2017 and by 05/10/2017 the honda pilot started messing up with the transmission and the powering steel pump.

Also Victor made a mistake in the paper of where the trade in car information goes. Instead of putting the VIN #1234 of the 2012 NISSAN VERSA, Victor put the VIN #5678 of the 2006 HONDA PILOT. Example: 2012 VIN#5678 NISSAN VERSA. What can i do? I didnt go to a car dealership to get a car to give me issues. Please help me!!!

I financed me a 2012 Nissan Versa on 04/01/2017.

By 04/03/2017, the 2012 Nissan Versa started having and giving me issues with the transmission, AC, and the brakes.

I went back to THE DEALER on 04/05/2017 and told the manager Victor that the car has issues and i want to trade it and he said to me that he couldnt change me the car nomore.

I went back on 04/06/2017 to THE DEALER and i told victor i dont want the nissan because it has issues, so he trade me the nissan for a 2006 Honda Pilot, but he gave me the 2006 Honda Pilot on 05/01/2017 and by 05/10/2017 the honda pilot started messing up with the transmission and the powering steel pump.

Also Victor made a mistake in the paper of where the trade in car information goes. Instead of putting the VIN #1234 of the 2012 NISSAN VERSA, Victor put the VIN #5678 of the 2006 HONDA PILOT. Example: 2012 VIN#5678 NISSAN VERSA. What can i do? I didnt go to a car dealership to get a car to give me issues. Please help me!!!

Not much can be done when you buy any used car.

MA has a very strong lemon car law.
However, CA has a used car lemon law, too.

What Should You Do As A Consumer If You Realize or Suspect That Your Used Car May Be A Lemon?

Contact a California Lemon Law Attorney to understand your rights and to see what options may be available to you. Manufacturers often fight individual Lemon Law claims and most California Used Car Lemon Law Lawyers work on a contingency basis, so not only will you not have to pay any out of pocket fees, but you will have the best chance for success.
Get and keep a copy of the repair order clearly indicating what problem your car has been repaired for.
Make sure you have a copy of every repair order clearly indicating what problems your car has been repaired for and keep them in a safe place.
Directly notify the manufacturer of your car or vehicle of the defects and nonconformities that your car has experienced.
If the manufacturer of your vehicle maintains a state-certified arbitration program, you may submit the warranty dispute to the arbitration program listed, but you should contact a California Lemon Law Attorney before going to Arbitration as the outcome of the arbitration could hurt your chances of receiving proper compensation.
In addition to the Used Car Lemon Law, You may also be protected by law if you feel that you have been deceived by a dealership regarding repairs made to a vehicle prior to its sale or the condition of the used vehicle that you purchased. Certified cars trucks, SUVs and other vehicles may also be improperly certified according to California Used Car Lemon Law and you should have an experienced California Lemon Law or Auto Fraud Attorney review your documents as soon as possible if you are having problems with your certified used car or vehicle.

California Used Car Lemon Law Fact Sheet

Maybe the law can help you?

Back