Consumer Law, Warranties Dealer is trying to install something not agreed upon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgoldenmba

I recently purchased a used 2012 Chrysler minivan from a Chrysler dealer. During negotiations to buy the vehicle I showed them the same year, model and trim comparable vehicle at another dealer that had factory overhead dual dvd players. The vehicle i was considering was at their dealership and did not have the dual overhead dvd players. I told the dealer that if they put the dual overhead dvd players in this van that I would buy it. They agreed. My contract states that the dealer owes me "dual overhead dvd players". The dealership is trying to install stand-alone aftermarket dvd players in the 2nd and 3rd rows that are not operated by the dvd stereo we have in the front of the vehicle...and that they want to install on top of the existing overhead console and take up an additional 2.5" of headroom when closed. What are my options? The dealer said they won't buy and install the factory ones because they are too expensive. They had me come down there to look at a used van that had the factory dual dvd system to get my approval of the condition of the system and they were going to swap it to my car. When i get there they say they won't do it because they aren't sure it will work in my car.(same year, same model, same head unit but it won't work???). The dealer over the phone, before i got to the dealership originaly, said they'd sell the van for $19900. I ended up paying $20700 to include the dual dvd system. I drive a hard bargain and felt that $20700 was a good deal for that dual system in this van. Now they are saying they want to give me my $800 back and install nothing. Please help, i could really use some advice!

The ONLY entity than can ORDER them to do what you THINK they must do is in court.

I suggest you take the deal, or you might end up with a bigger problem.

You're buying a USED car, not a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back