Dealer bought me a car from Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

grace09

My jurisdiction is: Atlanta

Dear All, I really appreciate your advice on this

I agreed with the dealer to buy me a car from the auction which is sold under a green light(very good condition) but he bought a car unde white light(very many undisclosed serious problems). he lied to me that the car was bought as agreed but the next morning the car could not start.
I stopped the check but he came to me and told me that the car's problem is very easy let's go buy the needed spare part. I told him that it was his mistake that he bought a wrong car . I also told him that I can cooperate with you if you sell the car for a little less I can share the loss with you if you show me the original receipts you paid for and you sold for. He did get an offer for $5,000.00 but he wanted to make money on it and did not want to sell it
But he convinced me to pay for the parts for about $700.00. I had made him sign that if the car works I will deduct that money from the price. But then he told me the parts we bought did not fix the problem and the cat was still sitting. Now it's been more than 10months and he never answers my call.
Please advice, do I have a strong case to sue him to get my $700.00 back?

Last edited:
10 months? That's a very long time. You can certainly try to sue to get your money back but, if it's an oral disagreement after all this time, I think you might have a challenging time making a case. If you had one it was for the dealer not buying on different terms, which you agreed to forgive and which followed with some terms which seem debatable. Nothing is preventing you from trying but you'd better have good evidence to show that your position is justifiable. I'm not sure it's convincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back