Dcf

Jurisdiction
Florida
My sister had a DCF case open due to a domestic issue with a married couple her family lived with. Dcf showed up and tested every one. She was positive for meth and thc. This was end of May. She moved in with me with her youngest daughter so she can get on her feet...her 2 oldest are with their grandparents and the boyfriend is with his sister so they are all split up. There is no court orders and her kids werent taken away but was advised to send them to their grandparents. She is clean and has a job and was voluntarily going to parenting classes and outpatient each once a week. She has her youngest in day care. Now that shes working its becoming difficult to always make these classes. She has case management which i guess is not dcf. But now the lady is saying she doesnt care about her job if she doesnt go to these meetings she will tale her youngest from her. Mind you, shes passing her tests and is going as she can. Arent they suppose to help her succeed? Its not like shes missing these classes because shes on drugs. Shes working. Now her work cut her hours due to it. Its very frustrating. She cant get her own place like this.​

I read that it's easy for them to get a court order and take the kids though. Would they go based off the report back in May by her testing positive for drugs? We want to do whats in her best interest but just to consult with a lawyer is 150 bucks. I feel her job should be her rop priority other than her Kids right now but the worker says differently.

My sister had a dcf case opened up in May. She coorperated and voluntarily took weekly drug tests and was going to parenting classes and outpatient meetings. They had advised her to send her kids with their grandparents so she did because she got continued threats. She had no money for advice from a lawyer as its not free anywhere we called. She finally got a job about a month ago at publix due to putting open availability. Well dcf case closed and they referred her to case management. She has been passing her drug tests but hasnt been able to make every meeting because of work. Mind you she is voluntarily doing all this. She has reached many of her goals and is doing well. But the case manager says "i dont care abour your job, if you keep missing claases i will take your youngest from you." She has 3 kids. 2 are with their grandparents and hee youngest that is just under 1 year is with her. They moved from the place they were at (which wasnt a good environment) to my house which theres no drugs or violence. The 1 year old is in daycare (which dcf pretty much said she had to be) so shes in daycare and now everytime the case manager comes out which is once a week she says she has ro have her at the house so she can see her and take a picture of her. Well to me thats ridiculous. When my sister stressed how her work was cutting her hours due to requesting days off because the case manager threatens to take the baby she gets a "im not here for you and idc about your job." I realize she got herself into this. But honestly im disappointed in how much they truly set you up for failure at this point. She cant get her family back together with hours being cut. What can we do if anything? I feel like we should tell her get a court order, but then we are afraid a judge will look at the situation back in may and use it against her when shes nowhere near that anymore. Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arent they suppose to help her succeed?

No government agency, has as its FIRST priority, the success of its citizenry.

DCF, as do most government agencies has a mission.

DCF claims it is to support families and children.

Don't be deluded.

DCF has no authority over any person, unless said person AGREES to blab and do as instructed.

You won't get a fair shake, a just shake by voluntarily cooperating with DCF.

You should simply avail yourself of your rights and remain silent.

If DCF wishes to take the matter to court, you can request a court appointed attorney to protect your rights, rather than being scared out of your wits and agreeing to thinsg you can't possibly accomplish.

It is never in one's best interests to break any law, and it is even more deleterious to confess one's sins or crimes, and be at the mercy of the state.

I read that it's easy for them to get a court order and take the kids though. Would they go based off the report back in May by her testing positive for drugs? We want to do whats in her best interest but just to consult with a lawyer is 150 bucks. I feel her job should be her rop priority other than her Kids right now but the worker says differently.

No one can say what DCF will do.

DCF can ask the court for a court order, but you get to defend yourself and the state will provide you with a public defender to do so.

The biggest problem here is the one most people want to ignore, abusing drugs.

If no one abused drugs, DCF wouldn't be all up in someone's business.

Watch these videos for additional information that helps most people:

Back