Daugher's rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

kizzie17225

My jurisdiction is: Pennsylvania

I live in the state of Pennsylvania. I am the eldest daughter. I have one sister. My sister has resided with my Mother most of her life. She has raised two kids as a single parent. She has been dependent on my parents most of her life. She is 60 years old. She married approx. 5 years ago and her and her husband still reside with my Mother. Until recently, neither worked and have lived there paying nothing. Approximately two years ago when my Mother was seriously ill, my nephew (my sister's son) took my Mother to her attorney and had Power of Attorney changed to him. I did not receive a revokation and none is recorded in the courthouse. I did not find this out until she became ill. Mother has Altzheimers which began approx. 2 years ago. When I ask for medical and financial accountability, I am told it is none of my business. He refuses to answer any questions about my Mother's affairs. I have been to the Office on Aging..they have investigated and a few changes have occurred regarding my sister and her husband's responsibilities. My brother-in-law now has a job and they have puchased their own vehicle.
The locks have been changed on my Mother's house which makes it difficlut for me to enter. I have been told not to copy a key. My Mother is very confused and does not understand any of this. Do you have any suggestions. I have seen an attorney, but he suggests I just wait it out. That is hard to do.....I have concerns and want to know medically and financially that my Mother is being taken care of. Help please....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back