dad wanting custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradfli

hello,this is a quickoverview of the situation.my daughter is 10 years old.she wants to live with me.me and her mom have been divorced for 8 years.i am remarried with 3 step kids and me and mycurrent wife have 2 together.my daughter tried to hang herself back in december.cps came in on mom.she says she did it cause she wants to live here.mom says no.cps released her back to mom.i told them if they sent her back there she would do it again.they wouldnt listen.she says her grandmother there was slapping her and pulling her hair.well a few weeks ago she tried to overdose.she is in the hospital again.cps is back on mom again.they did a visit to theri house they told me it was filthy.the step dad drinks big time and does drugs.they wont listen to me.i do not drink or do drugs.mom still says she cannot come here.2 days ago cps took custody of her.mom is playing head games with this little girl.now instead of turning her over to me,i have to get an attorney and go to court within 2 weeks to fight for custody.i live 8 hours away from there.i am going though.do you think i have a good chance of getting her now that cps has her?

You should get custody since mom is obviously unfit. Please get an attorney ans file for emergency custody ASAP.

good luck.

Wow.
I feel your pain! Initially, after the separation, my x filed a complaint of child sexual abuse. to gain custodial leverage. The agony of an investigation ensued. The court required no evidence and subjected my son and me to supervised visitation. DHS (cps) investigated. They are so gender biased! Now, two years later, my five year old son has gone to the ER for a knee injury (he attributed it to my x, saying, "Mommy bonked me with her fist") and was placed in a splint. DHS investigated and made no recommendations! Recently, he told a police officer that his Mommy hits him, and showed the officer where on his body (alas, no bruises, no charges). He has told his child Psychologist about his mother's alcohol consumption and her physical abuse. The Psychologist even testified to this in a recent Emergency Ex Parte hearing. With ALL of this, it is unlikely that I will get custody. Sadly, since my gender isn't female (even though Statute condemns custody considerations based on Gender), I don't stand a snowball's chance in Hell. EVEN IF THE X WAS A CRACK WHORE, BEATING OUR SON, and VOLUNTARILY DOING THE WHOLE DUKE LACROSSE TEAM!! She is close to that, though.
Dude, I wish you the best of luck. It is possible that her side is considering that the daughter is being coached and that you are using alienation techniques. Check out some web sites addressing PAS and SAIDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back