Dad made her say it

B

Broken hearted

Jurisdiction
West Virginia
I do not know where to start, but here goes. My husband was convinced by his lawyer to plead to one count of sexual abuse(he was a bus driver). There was no evidence, her word against his, even the physical set up of the bus did nit support the charges, nor did the video that was taken from the bus. Long story short, his lawyer told him he would die in jail if he was convicted on the he said/she said case, but if he pled to one count he would get to go home, be with his family and life would go on normally with the exception being he would have to register as a sex offender the rest of his life and he would have to participate in a sex offender program and "tell them things even though things may not be accurate or true. The lawyer told him to play the game. He did not tell him that he would not be able to even talk with our grandchildren for several months or that he would not be able to be in the same room alone with them or have them stray with us. I have been told that the 15 year old has told her friend that her father made her as that he touch her because he wanted money and he got money, I heard about 250,000, way before there was a plea or court proceeding. This father and the misinformation provided by my husband's attorney, greatly impacted my quality of life and pursuit of happiness. If indeed he forced the fifteen year old to lie to officials and the accusations, do I have any recourse toward the father?

This father and the misinformation provided by my husband's attorney, greatly impacted my quality of life and pursuit of happiness. If indeed he forced the fifteen year old to lie to officials and the accusations, do I have any recourse toward the father?

How do you propose to PROVE, not merely ACCUSE, the ALLEGED ploy to collect $250K from someone?

Remember, you must PROVE your allegation.

Rumor, innuendo, hearsay, "a little birdie told me", "it's logical", "he must have had an angle", etc... Isn't evidence.

Plea bargains are ironclad.

No lawyer, I repeat, no lawyer would ever tell a client what your husband claims his lawyer told him.

That's just NOT how it's done.

Were you there when this information was allegedly told to your husband by his attorney?

If you had been, I'm sure you would have told your husband, don't plead guilty if you're innocent.

I suggest you ask your husband about his allegation.

It's been my very sad experience to learn many decades ago that pedophiles, child predators, and baby gropers have spent years perfecting, performing, and plying their evil craft.

Unfortunately, few are caught.
However, when one is nabbed by the police, they say they didn't do it, would never do it, or it was just then one time because of a death, financial crisis, too much booze, etc...

In other words, they lie when cornered, as do all criminals.

I suggest you talk to your children, your grandchildren, or send them to counseling.

Why?

Statistics reveal, one or more of them, know something.

What?

Statistics tell us one or more of them have been harmed, too.

Don't blame yourself.

You've done nothing wrong.

You're just another victim of people who harm children.

How do you propose to PROVE, not merely ACCUSE, the ALLEGED ploy to collect $250K from someone?

Remember, you must PROVE your allegation.

Rumor, innuendo, hearsay, "a little birdie told me", "it's logical", "he must have had an angle", etc... Isn't evidence.

Plea bargains are ironclad.

No lawyer, I repeat, no lawyer would ever tell a client what your husband claims his lawyer told him.

That's just NOT how it's done.

Were you there when this information was allegedly told to your husband by his attorney?

If you had been, I'm sure you would have told your husband, don't plead guilty if you're innocent.

I suggest you ask your husband about his allegation.

It's been my very sad experience to learn many decades ago that pedophiles, child predators, and baby gropers have spent years perfecting, performing, and plying their evil craft.

Unfortunately, few are caught.
However, when one is nabbed by the police, they say they didn't do it, would never do it, or it was just then one time because of a death, financial crisis, too much booze, etc...

In other words, they lie when cornered, as do all criminals.

I suggest you talk to your children, your grandchildren, or send them to counseling.

Why?

Statistics reveal, one or more of them, know something.

What?

Statistics tell us one or more of them have been harmed, too.

Don't blame yourself.

You've done nothing wrong.

You're just another victim of people who harm children.
I, as well as my adult daughter, was ther. And he did definitely say those thing. My husband was a flirt, and always has been, but his physical indiscretions were with women of at age of accountability. I woul not make his decision to plea, because if he were to be found guilty, I pressed it, nor would I tell him to admit to something he still insists that he did not do. He has passed multiple polygraph tests.. I just want to know if I have the right to do anything to prove what her friend has said that she told her. I know I did not do anything, but we have three children, 7 grandchildren, and a multitude of nieces and nephews all of whom(nieces and nephews) that he cannot speak with or interact with. Any suggestions? Thank you and God bless you.

I, as well as my adult daughter, was ther. And he did definitely say those thing. My husband was a flirt, and always has been, but his physical indiscretions were with women of at age of accountability. I woul not make his decision to plea, because if he were to be found guilty, I pressed it, nor would I tell him to admit to something he still insists that he did not do. He has passed multiple polygraph tests.. I just want to know if I have the right to do anything to prove what her friend has said that she told her. I know I did not do anything, but we have three children, 7 grandchildren, and a multitude of nieces and nephews all of whom(nieces and nephews) that he cannot speak with or interact with. Any suggestions? Thank you and God bless you.

As you were there, you should have testified at the trial.
No, there's NOTHING you can now.
There's NOTHING you could have then, except testify at his trial.
Yes, I understand your husband is also a father and a grandfather.

If, he behaved in a flirtatious manner with a child, I'm sure you understand that as inappropriate behavior, although not illegal behavior.

However, as a very modest man, who has never been flirtatious, even if I ad been, I'd never behave that way towards a child.

The fact that you saw such flirtatious behavior, might be why you were never asked to testify.

However, that became a moot point once your husband agreed to, accepted, and signed the plea bargain. That, however, was further nullified by him being admonished in open court and on the record about his discussion of the plea with his lawyer, understanding the plea, admitting that he was not promised anything by anyone, or he was not coerced into to accepting the plea. He was then required to admit to committing the crimes he stood charged with in open open court under questioning by the prosecutor. His allocution of each element of each crime was done under oath, on the record, and directed by the prosecution.

That's why there is no basis or legal right to appeal a plea bargain. Again, that was explained to him by his attorney, and he acknowledged that fact under his signature to the plea and by allocution in open court on the record.

Sadly, the only thing he can do in the foreseeable future is complete every requirement of his sentence, cooperate with the authorities completely without equivocation or evasion, obey EVERY law, and be a model citizen.

In time, maybe 10-15 years, he can apply for a paron or clemency from your state's governor.

There is, however, something you can do for him. If you desire to help him find his way through this swamp. You can support him in every way as he traverses the legal quagmire in which he has been ensnared. You can remain a patient, calm, supportive, deliberative, and kind countenance. Frankly, if you wish to help him, you'll be taking on a much more challenging role than he will himself.

God bless you, ma'am as you struggle with the ones you love to rebuild your lives. My grandfather told me years ago, when I was about 10 years old. He said, "Boy, staying on the straight and narrow isn't as hard as trying to straighten out a mess you make of your life. You can destroy in 20 seconds all that you've built in 20 years by breaking a law. Bigger than that is that you also destroy your name and reputation. So, behave yourself, boy, always behave yourself."

God bless you as you struggle to make this better. Merry Christmas, and call on our Lord to help give you strength and guidance along the way.

Back