Cyberstalking, impersonation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tribalsnow

I met this guy online in November of 2004. He seemed sweet and sincere. After a few romantic encounters I found out through friends that he was slandering my name all over the internet/chat rooms. I confronted him about it and expressed my problem with the situation and told him I wanted nothing to do with him anymore. After that moment things got worse. He created profiles with my copyrighted pictures some of which were of an erotic nature. I asked him politely to remove the profiles, but he never did. In fact he created more profiles and on more sites. I contacted the moderators of the chat portals and they informed me that if I ignore him then 99% of the time they violator will give up. This was not the case in this matter. The more I ignored him the worse things got. He began sending emails to my co-workes, friends, and family. I was a member of myspace.com and he copied all of my friends on my list and sent them links to erotic photos of me. I had to quit my job becuase part of it was working with children and quite a few of them located my myspace page. And the more I ignored him the worse things got. He has people keeping track of my where abouts, reporting to him what I do, who I come in contact with. In January of this year he moved back to Michigan, I thought things would cease once he moved. I was wrong again, things infact got worse. He hacked my computer and retreived my passwords to my email accounts and instant messenger accounts. I was able to change the passwords on a few accounts, but others he changed and I couldn't regain control over them. He gained access to my cell phone carrier and began sending malicious text messages to the people on my phone record, with my phone number as the return number. I have changed my number 2 times in one week. All the while he is still creating more and more profiles with my information. He has solicited sex with my profiles and sent people over my residence. He has blanketed chat rooms with my home address and phone number. I contacted the sheriff's department and they told me there was nothing they can do and I need to file a restraining order. I did file for a restraining order, and was granted it by the judge. The TRO was served and he still violated my civil liberties. Now since the restraining order he has sent naked pictures of me by mail to my father, and obtained my ssn without my permission. Still he is sending emails to me harassing me, saying there is nothing I can do about it and he's not going to stop. This whold process has made me extreemly depressed and I find it difficult to live my everyday life. He is ordering things off the internet with my information. I have placed an alert with the credit bearaeu's. What can I do to get this guy to leave me alone? I know who this person is and their address and phone number.

i would just start giving he's personal infomation out then,m to every weirdo you can finds on the internet, fight fire with fire bugger him! Good Luck!

This is ridiculous. I would hire a lawyer immediately. Since this person has violated SO many laws. Definately slander and defamation since you were forced to quit your job because of this and it has had an extreme negative effect on your lifestyle. Also, if he is using your credit card and social security numbers unauthorized, this is identity theft, which is a FELONY.

I'm so sorry this happened to you! Please seek some legal help ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back