Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Cutting Deals With Cops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcmey07

I am 17 years old and on saturday at about 10 am the school police liason tried to bust us for seran wrapping a car; he saw mustard on the ground which was apparently used in a vandalism case he had pending or something? so he looked in our car, and saw a case of beer in the back seat and there fore came across a bag containing approx 1g of marijuana.

to make a long story short, the cop knew me, and that my dad was a judge, and cut me a deal. he did not take down any of my information, he didnt weigh out the pot, the pot wasnt "on" me it was in the car, and based on what the other kids said it was mine, he did not read my rights, he didnt even ask for my i.d.

all i was told was that there would be absolutley no record at all of the ticket if i agreed to set up a deal. im wondering if theres anyway i can avoid being a narc, or getting the ticket? i have to talk to the cop tomarrow and i REALLY need help.

You need to get your parents involved. Becoming a narc can get you killed. Cutting a deal with cops, the cops can change the rules. It takes a prosecutor to truly cut you a deal.

Again, get your parents involved, which also means you should get a defense attorney involved.

the entire cause behind why i origionally agreed to this deal was because i am honestly more afraid of what my parents will do than the legal system.

was this deal that the officer made even legit?
because i was the only person who didnt get a ticket or my parents called and im wondering if theres any sort of technical error on the cops part that could get me out of this situation?

This can definately screw up your life. The police are not your friend in this situation. Nobody, including police, like people who snitch out others. Your parents will probably find out eventually anyway. YOu desperately need legal counsel, the police are just looking at you as bait for a hook.

But, you're under-age. The police are probably breaking rules. You wouldn't count for a public defender until after you are arraigned. I think if you tell your parents and get an attorney involved, the whole thing would go away as there is likely mis-conduct here.

The odds are great that eventually your parents will know. Why not just tell them now? Your Dad will probably realized the seriousness of the situation, and have some anger at the cops and their bogus "deal."

And, again, the school policeman is probably violating rules of conduct in regards to juveniles.

And word always gets out if someone is used as a "confidential informant."

Oh, and this is how easy they'll find out its you.

Everyone was arrested but you, why?

A punch of drug dealers/peeps that you know get arrested. Everyone will suspect others, but they'll see you're the most likely "C.I."

I hope what I did was help.

Please let me know what happens, either as a response to this thread, or private message.

and remember this, cops lie. It's accepted practice in order to arrest people, etc. I put the odds on him lying to you at some point at 100%.

i totally agree however, he works for my dad, and could potentially get fired for cutting this deal for me...so idk how he benefits?

The cops don't work for judges.

Your activities put your father's reputation and position at great risk.

The officer should NEVER have offered you a deal because it smacks of favoritism. He should have done it by the numbers. And, unless you live in the back woods, there will be no way they can get a minor involved in any sort of informant activity would be with the agreement of your parents anyway. So, it could be that he is not asking you to be an informant, but more likely he will be asking you about who is using and who is dealing. What he is likely to do is expect you to come forward with those who pass it at the school.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back