custody

M

mindye0707

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
I am having issues with LaSalle parish where my ex husband lives, he is on drugs and I have pictures of 4 to 5 ingredients to make meth in his home on the eveidence in court. The judge has seen these yet still have him joint custody, he is a known addict. I asked to be appointed a lawyer twice, I have been to court twice over my children, both times was denied a lawyer. I have no job nor child support from the father. He has broke custody aggreement several times an denied a drug test to show me he was clean to pick my kids up, he ignored my calls and didn't come get his kids due to me requesting a drug test. I called the court sytem and was told I had to give my kids to him reguardless if he was high or now hand it I didn't I would be put in mail an my rights revoked, my question is how do I go about taking him back to court without a lawyer. As I reside 2 hrs away from LaSalle parish. I have also tried legal aid, the governor, and the supreme court and no one will help me. Any advice is appreciated as I am looking for the safety and we'll being of my children ages 2 An 10 months.

I am having issues with LaSalle parish where my ex husband lives, he is on drugs and I have pictures of 4 to 5 ingredients to make meth in his home on the eveidence in court. The judge has seen these yet still have him joint custody, he is a known addict. I asked to be appointed a lawyer twice, I have been to court twice over my children, both times was denied a lawyer. I have no job nor child support from the father. He has broke custody aggreement several times an denied a drug test to show me he was clean to pick my kids up, he ignored my calls and didn't come get his kids due to me requesting a drug test. I called the court sytem and was told I had to give my kids to him reguardless if he was high or now hand it I didn't I would be put in mail an my rights revoked, my question is how do I go about taking him back to court without a lawyer. As I reside 2 hrs away from LaSalle parish. I have also tried legal aid, the governor, and the supreme court and no one will help me. Any advice is appreciated as I am looking for the safety and we'll being of my children ages 2 An 10 months.

Fortunately for taxpayers, plaintiffs and defendants in civil matters don't receive public defender representation.

Unfortunately for you, the standard for parenting is very low.

Say for example the father of the kids is abusing meth, crack, and heroin.

As long as the child isn't harmed, the court won't care.

However, the police do care if someone is abusing, selling, or manufacturing illegal drugs. Therefore, it couldn't hurt to report when the drug abuser is abusing and/or holding.

If the children are in the presence of illegal drugs, child services just might listen, and if you're lucky take action.

Parents aren't required by law to exercise court ordered visitation.
Dad could miss his visit for six months, the authorities don't care.

Think about it this way.
You pay $20.00 for an all you can eat buffet.
You only eat a piece of bread and leave.
Nothing improper about that.

However, you should document every missed visit by dad.
Keep your notes in a notebook only about your child.
Your notes could be useful one day.

Good luck.

Back