custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginelle

I have been married for 20 years. I have 2 children 12 and 13, a girl and a boy. My husband wants 50/50 custody, he wants to have 2 days a week and alternate weekends. I want shared custody with the kids in my house Mondays thru Fridays, at least in the school year. I don't want to change their routine with their studies. I have been a housewife all this time and I have been the one who takes care of my children. My husband used to traveled a lot and I was in charge of my kids.

My question is if we go to trial, in my case, who has more probabilities to win custody?

He does have a constitutional right to shared custody. Will he get it? Every judge is different on these. Just a guess, I would say he will recieve more, maybe not what he wants, but chances are more visitation.

Your children are at a good age that what they want SHOULD come into play. My son was 10 when he testified. This varies as well, but you may want to look into it.

Dad certainly has the right to shared custody, lots of people do it. Do you really have the money and the energy to bring something like this to trial? Your legal fees on this are going to be huge. 2 days a week is not a big deal as long as Dad can commit to getting the kids to school on time. You can see if he will agree to something else, but he doesn't have to.

I highly recommend avoiding a trial and a big custody fight. The kids always lose in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back