"Custody" Problem #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatalieTaplin

Ok, heres my second problem. There are probably a billion situations like this on this sight, and maybe have been answered. but i have not gotten enough time to look around, so here goes:
My little brother is 12. His father is not letting him come to my house. He has scheduled visitation and has had it for a couple years. 2 days before the September 11th attack, my mother got angry with me and hit me a couple of times causing me to stay with my father for 9 months. I remained at my fathers house untill June 7th 2002. My brother and i both had restraining and protective orders throughout these 9 months. Since the protective order was over. My brothers father has not let him come for visitation. This is very upsetting for me and my mom. I need to know if what he is doing is illegal. My brother wants to live with his mom!! help!!

1) You need to do research first! Nobody likes to hear "I'm lazy so someone do the work for me!" ;)

2) I'm not sure what your brother can do. Children below a certain age (usually at least 14) do not have a right to choose who they want to live with at any time. Given the protective order, there might be everything legal about your brother not being allowed to visit you and your Mom. She shouldn't have hit you...

I hope things work out for all of you.

Ok, heres my second problem. There are probably a billion situations like this on this sight, and maybe have been answered. but i have not gotten enough time to look around, so here goes:
My little brother is 12. His father is not letting him come to my house. He has scheduled visitation and has had it for a couple years. 2 days before the September 11th attack, my mother got angry with me and hit me a couple of times causing me to stay with my father for 9 months. I remained at my fathers house untill June 7th 2002. My brother and i both had restraining and protective orders throughout these 9 months. Since the protective order was over. My brothers father has not let him come for visitation. This is very upsetting for me and my mom. I need to know if what he is doing is illegal. My brother wants to live with his mom!! help!!

your brother's father decides untill your brother is 18 what he does and who he sees. if he wont allow your brother to see you, thats his decision. you have no legal rights to visitation with your brother. untill he is 18, he doesnt get to decide whom to live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back