Custody of nieces and nephew

chanika Alvarez

Jurisdiction
Kansas
I want to know what steps do I have to take to get full legal custody of two of my nieces and one nephew my brother is on drug he is the father of all three children the mother of two of the children whom he is with right now is not only on drugs but she's also not legal when the kids are living in a very bad situation there malnutrition they're always dirty and there's never any food and the kids are never in clean clothes The other niece has a separate mom she is also a drug user she has another Kid with my brother who is she currently has in her possession that niece that's with the other mother never attends school I just want what is best for the children so in reality it would be two nieces and one nephew who has not even been born yet what should I do on getting full custody of the children my husband and I are willing to take them on but we want full custody my brother needs treatment he won't willingly give the kids to me and I'm afraid for their safety my brother and his current girlfriend the mother of the unborn baby and one of the nieces neither one of them has had jobs in the past four or five years my husband and I had three of my brothers children for six months before the parents came and took them back and it was nothing we could do about it I don't want them to end up in state custody because I'm sure they would all be separated it is a total of six children but we're willing to take three what should we do

Call CPS if things are as bad as you say. Otherwise, you are part of the problem, not the solution. o_O

I want to know what steps do I have to take to get full legal custody of two of my nieces and one nephew my brother is on drug he is the father of all three children the mother of two of the children whom he is with right now is not only on drugs but she's also not legal when the kids are living in a very bad situation there malnutrition they're always dirty and there's never any food and the kids are never in clean clothes The other niece has a separate mom she is also a drug user she has another Kid with my brother who is she currently has in her possession that niece that's with the other mother never attends school I just want what is best for the children so in reality it would be two nieces and one nephew who has not even been born yet what should I do on getting full custody of the children my husband and I are willing to take them on but we want full custody my brother needs treatment he won't willingly give the kids to me and I'm afraid for their safety my brother and his current girlfriend the mother of the unborn baby and one of the nieces neither one of them has had jobs in the past four or five years my husband and I had three of my brothers children for six months before the parents came and took them back and it was nothing we could do about it I don't want them to end up in state custody because I'm sure they would all be separated it is a total of six children but we're willing to take three what should we do
If you could please edit your post to add appropriate punctuation it would make it easier for the volunteers to read. Thanks.

Has CPS been notified of the neglect these children are going through? If not...Why haven't you reported it?

If the children are being abused/ne

If you could please edit your post to add appropriate punctuation it would make it easier for the volunteers to read. Thanks.

Has CPS been notified of the neglect these children are going through? If not...Why haven't you reported it?

If the children are being abused/ne
Yes cps are the ones who gave them to us in the beginning but nothing was ever legalized at that point which is why they were able to get them back.

Call CPS if things are as bad as you say. Otherwise, you are part of the problem, not the solution. o_O
It has been reported that is why I had them for six months but nothing was legalized in court which is why they got them back. We know how it is with cps they tend to drop the ball in most cases where the kids need to be taking and placed in good homes

Did the parents complete their requirements and received the children back from CPS or did they(mom or dad) just show up at your house and pick them up?
They came and got them once they had a stable place at the time. Cps never gave the requirements to go to drug treatment, gain employment , or anything else which is why I am seeking to go over cps and go through the courts. Can't trust cps

CPS can't remove children from a home without the court being involved. Why didn't you file for guardianship while you had the children in your care?
I said cps never made them do drug treatment and That piece of paper that the courts give you that says guardianship with the date on it the parents can terminate that when they want to I've already did that I had to get them on my insurance so that part was already done

Yes cps are the ones who gave them to us in the beginning but nothing was ever legalized at that point which is why they were able to get them back.
Did the parents complete their requirements and received the children back from CPS or did they(mom or dad) just show up at your house and pick them up?

It has been reported that is why I had them for six months but nothing was legalized in court which is why they got them back. We know how it is with cps they tend to drop the ball in most cases where the kids need to be taking and placed in good homes
CPS can't remove children from a home without the court being involved. Why didn't you file for guardianship while you had the children in your care?

They came and got them once they had a stable place at the time. Cps never gave the requirements to go to drug treatment, gain employment , or anything else which is why I am seeking to go over cps and go through the courts. Can't trust cps
Are you saying that CPS took the children from the parents without a case plan for the parents to follow? Or did the parents place the children with you voluntarily?

You need to report this to the authorities. I understand that you've done that, but you need to keep doing it. You can't just take the kids away from their parents.

I said cps never made them do drug treatment and That piece of paper that the courts give you that says guardianship with the date on it the parents can terminate that when they want to I've already did that I had to get them on my insurance so that part was already done
Having children placed with you by a court order is different than a temp guardianship as you are describing.

I think you should consult with a local attorney for assistance. Either that or concisely explain what has happened with these children. Start at the beginning with the 1st call to CPS and end with what is going on now. Thanks...

Have you called the police? CPS? Anyone? You have to start there. If you want to file for custody you have to go through the court - and probably at least talk to a lawyer.

Back