Custody of Child

Status
Not open for further replies.

meme06

My daughter had a child when she was 17 and unmarried, they both live with us, her parents. She is working and in college. The guy she was with (sperm donor), went to jail when she was 2 months pregnant. He is a 25 year old who took advantage of a 16 year old, not that she did not know what she was doing. At the time she was in "love". Anyway he has been in and out of jail since he was 15 or 16, rehab 3 or 4 times and the list goes on. He just got out about a year ago only to go back for breaking probation. He lived like 5 hours away. Now he has moved 25 minutes away into a half-way house. He has not bothered us lately, which makes me more nervous. He was calling 4-5 times a day, collect at that, so we never accepted. The times she did talk, she told him how she felt and to not call back. It is like he is obsessed with her, not really her child. He wants his puppet back. She has no feelings and does not feel safe to let him see the child. Not that he has asked.
We did get a card on his b-day that said "see you soon". IF he does try to come after the child how likely is it the courts will let him have anything?? He is not on the birth certificate, has not paid any suport, has not tried to see him and has a horrible past, he has been violent to her and also tried to make her have an abortion. He also sent her a letter while in jail telling her, "here is everything I did to you in case you want to screw me in court." Little crazly huh? Any comm:eek::eek::eek:ents will be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back