Custody change with parent agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateM

One of my sons from my previous marriage wants to move in with me this coming week. He is not happy living with his mother and has made the choice to move. His mother has agreed to let him move as well. Our custody was set up in our divorce decree many years ago. What do I need to do to change the custody situation legally as quickly, easily and as cheap as possible?

actually its not your son's choice to make as long as he is under 18. he can possibly express his wishes to a judge but the judge decides, not him. and you will have to prove its in his best interests to move in with you instead of living with his mother, just being unhappy with her is probaly not going to convince a judge.

While I agree that a child should not be able to make the decision, you don't have to have the judge's approval if both parents agree to the custody change.

Exactly.

OP, you can file a stipulated agreement in court reflecting the change in custody; an attorney can draw this up very easily and relatively inexpensively.

You don't have to prove a darned thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back