1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

curious question about UK law

Discussion in 'Divorce, Separation, Annulment' started by Peter Zurich, Nov 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Zurich

Peter Zurich Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    United Kingdom
    I have not lived with my wife since 2003 since I have been working abroad. The last time we lived together was 2009 for a brief period. We are not legally separated, have not signed any form of documents to say we are separated and we are in contact. We have a matrimonial home which is in both of our names though I was the person that paid off the mortgage. What I want to know is if under UK law, if in the unfortunate circumstance that my wife should die, would I still inherit our home or could my rights be contested by her brother?

2. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but this is a forum that deal with US law matters. We won't be able to help you, as the laws between our two countries vary in many instances.