CUNY BMCC diploma

Status
Not open for further replies.

angeliz1110

Hi I have a big issue I graduated on June 2010 with an associates in liberal arts from bmcc and I was on financial aid the whole entire years I attended this college. After I graduated my diploma was not given to me and now they put a hold on my transcript and diploma because they said financial aid over paid me for books on sept 2010. Meanwhile I was never notified telling me to pay the school for financial aid over paying. Even though I had already graduated from the school before this insidendet they holding my diploma and will not give me my transcript. I feel like it was there responsibility to notify me in a timely matter telling me financial aid over paid me , but I do not think its fair that they held my diploma when I had already graduated on June 2010 the diploma should be given to me because this happened after sept 2010 when I applied for two more classes. Please let me know what can I do thank you.

Some schools will issue one or two transcripts, as a courtesy while you sort the payment issue.

The few schools that do that, do it simply as a courtesy to help you get employment.

Most schools want their money.

So, you negotiate (if they're willing to listen), or you pay up in FULL.

You can pay them their tribute, or remain without your degree / transcript.

It may not be fair in your eyes, but it isn't illegal.

Pay the school their money, or you'll never get what you earned.

Last edited:
Fair is where you go to ride the Ferris wheel and eat cotton candy. I'm willing to bet that you were notified but you never read what was sent to you.

The answer is very simple - work out the payment problem with them and get your diploma and transcript, or whine about how unfair it is while doing nothing, and don't get your diploma and transcript.

The choice is yours.

The problem is even if this is unfair, unfair does not always equal illegal as in this case. You'll need to pay to get your diploma & transcript. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back