Other Criminal Charges & Offenses crp

crpack

In 1987 I was arrested for possession of a controlled substance ..,.actually it was just residue in a bottle but I pleaded no contest ...now I go on broward clerk of courts web site. The case is there but it says disposed / probation ..does that mean I have a felony on my record

In 1987 I was arrested for possession of a controlled substance ..,.actually it was just residue in a bottle but I pleaded no contest ...now I go on broward clerk of courts web site. The case is there but it says disposed / probation ..does that mean I have a felony on my record

Possibly, before anyone could say, you'd have to cite the specific law under which you plead guilty.
I've listed the two felonies in Florida pursuant to CDS felonies.
The "disposed/probation" normally indicates the chare was disposed of by placing the defendant on probation.

For instance, in FL possession of controlled substance felonies are:

Florida Statute Section 893.03
Felony possession of the first degree
punishable by a period of incarceration of up to 30 years, a fine of $10,000, or both:
hallucinogens
1,4-Butanediol
gamma-butyrolactone (GBL)
gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB)
methaqualone,
mecloqualone

Felony possession of the third degree
The actual or constructive possession of any CDS, other than those described above, is a felony of the third degree, punishable by a period of incarceration of up to five years, a fine of $5,000, or both.

Back