Criminal Law criminal record;assault charge on ex gf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodguy

hi there newbie to this board. i am a canadian and my wife is american. I now reside with her in the us. my question is this. i have a criminal record one for theft when i was 18 for which i was charged with theft under 200, and the other was assault charge on an ex girl freind. in both cases the charges were proceeded with summary offences, for which i received cso and probation. while i was surprised to learn that my theft under charge when i was 18 is considered "crime of moral perprtude", as i have been reading here..a new thing for me, the one thats got me goin with anxiety is the assault charge,, as we have been informed by our lawyer that she needs to look into the assualt charge. previuosly i had been informed by us customs that the assault charge wouldnt prevent me from marrying in the us, as i frequently have made trips into the us.. the other interestin thing i have read is when petitioning for immigration the ins only gets reports from the fbi. Everything else has been dealt with as i completed the health part of the examination.just wanna keep looking forward and movin forward. i look forward to hearing from the "folks in the know" . thanx in advance GOODGUY....the canadian record is assault sec 266 cc. i dunno if that helps or not thanx

Any type of domestic violence charge can pose serious immigration problems. You should consult an immigration attorney about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back