Credit Cards, Rating, Repair creditcard lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dowell

Jurisdiction
Asia
Good Day,
I just want to ask regarding my creditcard accountability. I was not able to pay my credit card for years now. And the case was already transfered into a lawfirm. I want to know if I can still get the statements from the bank itself even it is already transfered o the lawfirm. and also if the case is already in the lawfirm, will it still continue to make interests? Thank you

I want to know if I can still get the statements from the bank itself even it is already transfered o the lawfirm

If it's the bank's own law firm, ask the law firm for the statements. Unfortunately, all they are required to tell you is what you owe and aren't obligated to give you statements that you should already have.

If it's a collection agency's law firm, it's highly unlikely that they will cooperate with you.

also if the case is already in the lawfirm, will it still continue to make interests?

Interest continues to accrue at the default rate which could be higher than 20%. There will also be attorney fees tacked on to the debt. My guess is that the amount you owe now is double or triple the last balance you had when you defaulted and it's only going to get worse.

Note: Didn't notice Asia before but I imagine similar consequences apply there, too.

Last edited:
Good Day,
I just want to ask regarding my creditcard accountability. I was not able to pay my credit card for years now. And the case was already transfered into a lawfirm. I want to know if I can still get the statements from the bank itself even it is already transfered o the lawfirm. and also if the case is already in the lawfirm, will it still continue to make interests? Thank you

This is a discussion forum that addresses US laws.
You need to find a lawyer licensed to practice law in your country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back