credit card and POA ethics

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagxj6

Both my sister and I are co trustees and POAs for our elderly mother. My sister has been added as a user to our mother's credit card so she can purchase household items for our mother. My sister also regularly uses this card for her own personal use, but reimburses Mom a few weeks later. She also has her own credit card. Is this practice of using Mom's credit card for personal use ethical in view of her being a POA? Thanks

Both my sister and I are co trustees and POAs for our elderly mother. My sister has been added as a user to our mother's credit card so she can purchase household items for our mother. My sister also regularly uses this card for her own personal use, but reimburses Mom a few weeks later. She also has her own credit card. Is this practice of using Mom's credit card for personal use ethical in view of her being a POA? Thanks

Is it ethical? That seeks a subjective answer. No comment.

Its not illegal if she reimburses mom.

Does it violate her fiduciary duty?

That might be an issue.
But, if it does, so what?
The court, nor will the law care.

I suggest you ignore it, or tell mother.
Then follow mother's advice.

If mother is in no position to comment or care, you can mention it to sissy.

I hope you know that will only create more issues.

If I were in your position, I'd have my power of attorney revoked. Why? Because, I'd want to as far away from this situation as I could.

Well. I'm impressed with the quality of your response, thank you. Why do you suggest (if you were I) revoking my POA to be as distant as poss. from this situation?

Well. I'm impressed with the quality of your response, thank you. Why do you suggest (if you were I) revoking my POA to be as distant as poss. from this situation?

Only because you asked: I abhor drama and arguments. Therefore, when I see it coming, I get out of its way. Moreover, I have enough to do to mind my own affairs. My children are adults, and I don't need projects. I'm retired and enjoy doing what I want to do when I wnt to do it. I simply wish to enjoy my remaining years stress and trouble free. I just abstained from our family reason because they're all a bunch of looney tune cartoon characters. They also order stuff from Acme and Ajax!!!!! :biglol: :biglol:

If I did not revoke my POA, do you think I would be violating my fiduciary responsibility(as a POA and co trustee) to ignore it for practical reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back