Cps

Jeremy29

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I had child protective services called on me and have been falsely accused of spousal abuse and marijuana use. I let them into my home to see we were fit parents and nothing out of the ordinary was occuring. They asked me to provide a urine sample and I complied. However I couldn't go at that moment so they are coming back tomorrow. What would happen if I refuse to provide a sample? I don't want my kids taken away and I don't appreciate this invasion of privacy. Thanks!

You have the right to refuse. They would need some compelling evidence to justify taking your children.
You don't have to comply with any of their requests unless they show up with a court order. If they don't have one then politely tell them to buzz off.

I let them into my home to see we were fit parents and nothing out of the ordinary was occuring.

That was, perhaps, your first mistake.

Unless child service brought a search warrant, all you had to do was say NO, you can't enter by home.

They asked me to provide a urine sample and I complied.

Wow, dude, your second mistake.

Do you know just because someone asks you to do something, you have the right to simpoly say NO.

However I couldn't go at that moment so they are coming back tomorrow. What would happen if I refuse to provide a sample?

You still have the right to say NO.

You also have the right to be away when they come calling.

I like the next one, as I use it regularly.

If you arrive at my home UNINVITED, I never answer the door.

I don't want my kids taken away and I don't appreciate this invasion of privacy.

I can't promise you that the state won't try to take your kids away because I have no knowledge (nor do I wish to know more) about what prompted the child nazis to come knocking at your door.

If you are innocent, you can simply refuse to cooperate with them.

Be polite, be courteous, but if you say NO, don't get scared and say YES.

You are innocent until proven guilty.

An accusation is NOT a guilty verdict.

You have the right to remain silent.

The child nazis will try to intimidate you, scare you, threaten you, and even trick you.

All you have to do is be polite, but stand firm.

No means no.

If things are as pure as you say, the child nazis will disappear.

They'll offer to get you into their "program".

Don't agree to that, because they'll be all up in your "stuff" for 18-24 months.

Where I agree without a court order you are NOT obligated to do anything! I also think if you KNOW urine will be free of drugs etc and you KNOW nothing wrong is happening I dont see a reason to not comply. However use caution as doing so could open doors you dont want open

Where I agree without a court order you are NOT obligated to do anything! I also think if you KNOW urine will be free of drugs etc and you KNOW nothing wrong is happening I dont see a reason to not comply. However use caution as doing so could open doors you dont want open

I once took a urine test for employment and tested positive for opiates. I was nearly rejected for the job but was fortunately given opportunity to retest.
Even people with nothing to hide expose themselves to risk and are best off to protect their privacy at every opportunity.

Back